TEK-DEK - just started laying it...

G

...this weekend, and I have to say, it's the bollocks. I was going to have someone do it for me, but the labour quote was a bit steep, so I thought I'd have a go myself.

Very easy to lay, you just need a brain, stanley knife, plasters, steel straight edge, mastic gun, sandpaper and a lot of weights. Andy (the guy who invented the stuff) uses lead ingots to hold the edges down while the glue sets, but I'm using bricks.

Got two more areas to do, but I'll post a link to some photos next weekend. Meantime, the URL for the TekDek people is www.southernocean.net. They'll be at SIBS, FWIW.

Sammy

Visit site
Very interested to see the result as my poor old treadmaster teak lookalike is now 12 years old and you can't get it any more. This stuff sounds like it could be the answer.

G

Does it look enough like real wood to use it on an old timber cruiser?

G

Dunno about that. It looks just fine against white gelcoat. See it at SIBS, if you're going, or ring the Southern Ocean people and they'll send you a bit in th epost...

G

i saw it at the Sydney Boat show and from 2 metres away it looked like real wood, the inbeded grain looked great. I had to look very, very close to see it was not wood. I will be using it!! cheaper then marine-deck and it looks very easy to apply. Using the expoy will also totally water proof the deck.

Sammy

Visit site
Just picked up the thread from the other forum. How about those pics you said you would post to make sure you have everything square and perpendicular!