Teak Furniture

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
Where can I find good quality teak furniture - folding chairs with those blue/white striped cushions and tables suitable for use onboard? jfm, where did you get your kit from?

Bandit

Visit site
I have used the Onward Trading Company in Southampton for tables, chairs, fittings and tidy alls. A Good range and easy to deal with.

www.onwardtrading.com tel 023 8063 7810

another is JK Howells in Poole they look a lot smaller jkhowells.com tel 01202 665 724

Roy

Visit site
Sealine do a nice teak range but uncheap! Don't suppose you would mind using their kit as it wont be branded. Incidentally, its wonderful to see your beatiful new yacht nearing the final stages and hope you will enjoy her eevn more than Magnum. Cheers. Roy

Alistairr

Visit site
Hi Roy, Where do you see the; [ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, its wonderful to see your beatiful new yacht nearing the final stages

[/ QUOTE ] ?????

I like seeing pics of boat in the building, but hadn't realised Magnum had posted any!!!!

I think you may have got that wrong!!!

MedDreamer

Visit site
Wrong Ali.

Look at Magnum's post "Wiring Help Required" (I don't know how to make it a hyperlink Im' afraid)

The boat looks stunning - and bloody huge!

Alistairr

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oops, My appologies to Roy, for thinking you'd got it wrong.

I thought Roy had seen the pics on Magnums site of the Build of his first Princess, dated March '04.

Sorry i got it wrong, but thanks for directing me to the pics, what a size of a thing that is!!!!

Magnum, i'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of owning her, Oh and BTW, i still want to buy Magnum 1 should i win the Lottery or rob a bank, which ever comes sooner. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

martinwoolwich

Visit site
I agree about Onwards. Very good products although quite expensive for what it is. Comfortable to sit on , nice fold away tables of various sizes. My only comment would be that they lose the nice gloss look quite quickly and scratch easily. So you either need to oil it all regularly or live with the silvery teak look. (which is what we do). They show at all major boat shows and have a shop at (I think it was Saxon Wharf) nr. Southampton.

jfm

Visit site
Magnum:
1. There is high end yacht furniture in teak and stainless, from advertisers in Boat International. Nice, seriously expensive, and usually non-foldaway. You will need to leave it out, and it's quite nick-able, so option #3 below is better imho

2. We went downmarket from that and wanted folding chairs due to size of our boat. Ours came from Onward Trading and we got upgraded padded cushions in that waterweave fabric, costing about £350 a chair all in I think. It is perfectly ok, but needs regular oiling (ours was being done once a month in the summer) becuase you need a slightly more semigloss oiled look on your furniture than on your decks, imho. Crew will oil it and I confidently predict you will get 1x full time crew on M2! Also, make sure to specify all stainless steel hinges etc (if, like us, you want a no-gold-bits boat) or brass.

3. If I had known about Timage's products when we bought ours, I would have got their chairs. They supply a beautiful folding chair that is miles superior to the Onward Trading chair imho. It is made from thicker sectioned chunky looking teak and has beautiful ironmongery. They had some at LIBS. Spensive, maybe £600+/chair, but worth it, looks fab quality. Significantly better than Onward trading imho. Definitely the ones to get if can source them

Onward Tr are www.onwardtrading.com but I dunno the website for Timage, tel 01376 343087. Askem to mail a catalog - I thing they do one. Or a digipic

As for tables, all seem pretty similar. Ours is onward Trading

Here's a pic of our Onward Tr stuff. All ok, but having now compared them to the Timage chairs these Onw Trade ones seem a bit spindly and cheapy, dang :-(
IMG_0067.sized.jpg

gcwhite

Visit site
Timage is the high end of the market product. Don't buy Outward Trading. I had their chairs and table and the hinges corroded within a short space of time, the seat bases spilt and the wood finish deteriorated substantially.

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Have a look at Indian Ocean Trading stuff.

I have some o/b as well as at home. i am happy with the quality and agree with others the onwards bits are expensive of what they are....IMHO.

I would recommend sunbella material btw as it will not fade and is very resistant to wear and salt.