Teak Deck cleaner

G

I have used a number of teak deck cleaner/brighteners in the past and had come to accept that all of them required huge amounts of elbow grease and effort if the deck was to look even a little better after the treat ment. However I have recently used the Wessex chemical factors 2 part deck cleaner. This stuff is excellent!! no hard scrubbing at all and a finish that looks like a new deck! Truly superb. The product is not available in many chandlers but can be delvered to your door for less than the cost of most of the other useless cleaners. Ring 01202 823699 to order yours I guarantee you will not be disapointed.

G

I have found that the best bet for cleaning up teak decking is a little pressure washer. Any stains can be treated with a cleaner first but in terms of just getting the ingrained dirt out with no damage to wood it works fine.

Nick

jfm

Visit site
Re: Webby please confirm.....

......whether you have a commercial connection with Wessex or the making/selling of this product. Thanks.

JFM

G

I'm not selling this product but, Starbrite has never worked for me. Takwonder is good but is several times more expensive than the Wessex product as shown in thr PBO test where they shared 1st place for effectivness I believe

david_bagshaw

Visit site
Have always used domestic washing powder, disolved in hot water and applied early in the morning, 2 hrs later washed off with cold water pressure washer, result excellent clean deck.

Before any body says what about raising the grain etc, yes it does a bit, but so does other cleaners, any way all teak decks wear out from foot fall eventually, so it might as well look nice.

David ps Take a look at my site www.yachtman.co.uk

G

Actually the best teak cleaner I've ever found was spanish brandy! It's cheap and if you get fed up of cleaning the boat you can always drink it! unlike this stuff from Wessex. Actually come to think of it, the hangovers I got from the brandy you might be better of drinking the teak cleaner!

Doug