Tax red diesel in the same way as white

whisper

Visit site
I don't normally frequent this place, not really my sort of thing, so not sure whether this has been "done" on here, but here goes.

There is a new part of the HM Treasury website that allows people to propose ideas for cutting the Government's financial deficit. Some ideas are good, some are nuts. People then vote to say which are good and which are rubbish.

Half a dozen or so think the duty on red diesel should be increased to road fuel level. As you guys/gals have more of an interest in this than me, thought you might like to make your view heard.:eek:

You need to register before you can vote, but it doesn't take long.

Diesel tax
Diesel tax again
More diesel tax
A duplicate of the previous
and finally more tax on diesel

Dontya just love this Big Society debate.:rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
I've voted.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Do you really think that "call me Dave" & old Nick will pay more attention to these "open Govt" petition sites than the previous lot did? You must be very naive - they are simply "Democracy Dressing"; a slap-on solution to make it look like they care while they just do as they damn well please.

Well, that's my "considered" opinion anyway.:D

epervier

Visit site
Based on "our" services, the junior service (RAF) nowhere near enough splendour for your requirements at any rank level, Army and Royal Marines pretty bland also, so based on British insignia it has to be the senior service and the same rank as Mark Stanhope.

Hopefully this is enough "bling"to satisfy your need in the splendid dept.:D http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/trainin...enior-naval-staff/first-sea-lord-and-chief-of

Kipper

North West when I have to, North Wales when I can
Visit site
Commercial red users dont pay the pump prices anyway as others have said it seems the best 60/40 split price for red is around £1/ltr whilst commercial users taking reasonable quantaties are paying just over 50p/ltr. ok so they have to takr quantity but that is a huge gap so somebody id having us over as usual.

T

timbartlett

Commercial red users dont pay the pump prices anyway as others have said it seems the best 60/40 split price for red is around £1/ltr whilst commercial users taking reasonable quantaties are paying just over 50p/ltr. ok so they have to takr quantity but that is a huge gap so somebody id having us over as usual.
I wonder who that mysterious "somebody" might be?
Well the EU "harmonised" rate of duty on non-commercial diesel fuel works out at about 20p per litre.
The UK rate of duty on non-commercial diesel fuel is just over 56p per litre. And remember that there's VAT on top of that.
Good grief! There's a surprise!