taty dash refirb

G

I have a fairline Targa with a metal dash panel, covered in a wood effect plastic.
Looked good at one time,but now badley peeling.Anyone know where to go to have it refurbished or where to get a replacement made,maybe from real wood or recoated ?

coliholic

Visit site
Just to prove what a sad bloke I really am, when I was at LBS in Jan I came across a stand selling wood effect dashes and they're the OEM's for most of the UK boatbuilders. I JUST KNEW that at some time this question would come up on the forum here, so got one of their brochures and kept it safe "just in case". They'll make any sort of panel, any shape or size, with or without switches and gauges out of thin aluminium and then laminate bond it in virtually any wood effect you want. Absolutley stunning what they can do. Only thing is I can't remember where I put the damn brochure.

Only joking, here's the details; Taplin Int'l, Unit 3, Lower William St, Southampton Tel: 023 8023 2304; fax 023 8023 2305. No e-mail address though.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
My businness is all about covering plastics with woodgrain or other finishes, though usually in big quantities. And we like to extrude the plastic as well. It's easier. But give us a cut out pannel of what you want and we'll stick a wood grain to it. Cant say fairer than that.

Haydn

G

Thanks for the information I will give them a ring in the morning.
I also pick up lots of leaflets as I walk round shows,knowing one day that it will come in handy,trouble is I can never find them.I think the wife throws them away when I'm not looking.

coliholic

Visit site
Ah I've cured mine of that. When I found a couple of my things in the bin soon after we got married I went round and cleared up her old tatt too. When she asked where all her clothes were I told her that they were with all my stuff that she'd cleared up, waiting for the dustman. Never seen her move that fast.

But then she's never touched anything of mine since. Or perhaps I should rephrase that. No, then again, think I was right first time.

G

Please let me have your e-mail address.I will send you a photo of the dash to see what you think.