Tall Ships at Liverpool

Fletcher14

Visit site
Saw the tall ships at Liverpool yesterday and Friday as I had to man a marquee. They were awesome. Far better than I ever expected. Far taller than I expected and more magnificent, especially if you went onboard one.
Having seen the ships I'll now be far more interested in the race. A bit like putting a face to the name.
Not sure if Liverpool was a good city for it as the event was split between Albert Dock and Wellington Dock which meant that you had to get a shuttle from Albert Dock to Wellington Dock so a lot of people didn't bother to see Wellington Dock which is a shame as that's where the most magificent tall ships were and most events as well. Anyone who didn't visit Wellington Dock missed most of it really.
Apart from that though, Liverpool hosted it well.
Saw Prince Andrew visiting a ship and saw Neil Oliver from 'Coast' being filmed and a few other famous names as well.
Brilliant occasion. Anyway, here's some pics from Saturday.

small_tallships.jpg

Some sailors mending rigging
small_rigging.jpg

Miniature version of a tallship for training purposes. It was available here for the public to have a go at sailing a tallship.
small_ts_boballen.jpg

South American ship
small_southamerican.jpg

Lord Nelson (British) This is the tall ship I saw Prince Andrew visit.
small_lord_nelson.jpg

Lenscar (Norwegian)
small_lenscar_norwegian.jpg

Dar_Meodziezy (Polish)
small_Dar_Meodziezy_polish.jpg

Curvatemol (Spanish or Mexican)
small_curvatemol.jpg

Alexander Von Hurn
small_alexander_von_hurn.jpg

This one was smaller than most but the most beautiful and I'm ashamed to say I forgot to get the name or nationality
small_old.jpg

Pelican of London (British)
small_pelican_of_london.jpg

A Russian ship. Forgot the name but may edit it in later. This is one of the ships I boarded. Even more magnificent when you're onboard it.
small_russian.jpg

The Arabic tall ship Saabar Oman
small_saabar_oman.jpg

Stayros_s_marchnos
small_small_stayros_s_marchnos.jpg

Eendrachet. Very sleek and modern looking. Lets see how this one does in the race!
smalleendrachet.jpg

Scandinavian I think
smallfarquay.jpg

small_spanishanduk.jpg

Lightship for sale
small_lightship.jpg