Synthetic teak replacement

Freeloader

Visit site
As KevB above, I used Darren Lunn when he was trading as Decking Inspirations.

I did not know that he was now trading as The Teak Man but, whatever, he did a fantastic job on my previous boat - the Regal 2250 show in the gallery on the new website. He had a great eye for detail and travelled way out of his area to come and do my boat. I would have no hesitation in recommending him - in fact I might give him a call as it looks like he does real teak now too and there is a patch on my Sessa that needs attention...

Freeloader

Visit site
Hmmmm.... it appears to be a laminate of teak over some sort of ply. The cockpit is fine as it doesn't get much wear but the bathing platform shows where the teak has worn through. Also, the bit under the transom door has a patch of rot in the ply that has spoiled a small area.

I have planned to have that part te-teaked but am in two minds whether to re-teak the platform or just have synthetic put down. The cost may be the deciding factor!

kristell

Visit site
We just had our Beneteau Oceanis given the "EliteTeak" Treatment by Tye , side decks,cockpit benches, table and scoop. I had seen his work before on other boats at the Southampton Boat show so we new it was going to be good. The results were impressive....great attention to detail, finishing touches and design ideas.
Thanks Tye.

rosssavage

Visit site
No hesitation to go synthetic.

I had the cockpit done last year by Steve Wybrow of Dreams Afloat (he uses Dek King) and was so impressed I treated my self to getting the flybridge done as a 40th present to myself.

Looks fantastic (no, it doesn't look exactly like real teak to a purist, but really, it's pretty convincing) so easy to maintain.

I accidentally put four indentations in it by standing on a toolbox with moulded feet I hadn't noticed, and on his advice played a heat gun over it gently and they popped back out. Can't do that with real teak! Spilled red wine on it, had a leaky bin bag put on it which grease stained, all of which comes straight out with household detergent.

Carianne

Visit site
It's even rough to the touch... Almost like you would get a splinter if you rubbed it the wrong way. Fantastic product! My husband wasn't totally sold on the idea of synthetic decking but even he is now a convert:)

Other threads that may be of interest