Swim ladder security

bobupanddown

Visit site
At the present time my swim ladder is secured with a piece of rope. Trouble is its very wobbly and positioned as an ideal hand hold for stepping down onto the sugerscoop. This has already resulted in SWMBO falling onto the quayside and badly gashing her leg!
Does anyone know where I could buy a suitable securing clip for the ladder? (preferably one that screws to the transom) I've googled for several hours but have drawn a blank so far

Sales_1.jpg

old_salt

Visit site
If a propriety item is not available may be a good local engineering or sheet metal workshop should be able to make something up for you in 316 stainless.
Sorry I can not help with the name of a company in your area as I am up in the north west.

tcm

Visit site
whilst in the marina, if ladder is all-metal (it seems to be) it would be safer to have it down, rather than up, in case people fall in and steps out are limited - as they often are?

Bit of a conundrum tying the swim ladder on really really tight- ideally it should be such that if in the water you could release it to get back on board, imho.

Greenwichman

Visit site
I use a stout bungy cord with plastic hooks. Anyone leaning on it realises quickly that it won't take massive loads, but it doesn't give way suddenly so the risk of accidents is lower than with string or rope, yet the arrangement has the merit that it can be slipped quickly in an emergency, when a ladder that can't act as a ladder is no ladder!