swiftech M198 handheld

James

Visit site
How about this radio (£50).
The batteries are in a pack though, so I'd have thought it would be a bit of a hassle renewing those. What do you reckon?
Thanks for any replies

<hr width=100% size=1>

James

Visit site
Yeah, sorry, I was working from a previous thread of mine - and lost the plot a bit.
I was suppose to ask, is this radio any good? I've been offered one, but don't know it.
Thank you

<hr width=100% size=1>

[3889]

Visit site
I had one but it packed in after getting rained on - not a good raio but might be worth £50 - keep it in a w/proof bag.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
Mine did the same after being dripped on. The supplier changed it at cost price. It works well enough. Worth the 50 quid I'd have thought even if battery pack is duff, they're only about 40 quid or so.

Bill.

<hr width=100% size=1>One of these days I'll have a boat that WORKS

whisper

Visit site
If it and the battery pack together are going to cost approx. £90 second hand, you may as well get a new one of the cheaper radios. They can be had for £95 - £115 according to the adverts in the mags.

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan

Visit site
mine never worked properly - battery lasted all of 10 mins (had followed charging instructions exactly) and the whole thing is chunky and heavy - but with small buttons!
If you are going to get a handheld VHF get a good one - open boat get a waterproof one.

<hr width=100% size=1>

poggy

Visit site
I have one and it seems OK, has a good range as well.

You can buy new for £89.99 gtom Aladdins Cave in Bursledon with a 12V adapter/charger. It is not waterproof so I would buy a bag.

Poggy

<hr width=100% size=1>

Oldhand

Visit site
Gets corrosion down the knob shafts if it is the one I am thinking of, i.e. not a good bet if it is likely to be splashed with salt water now and again.

<hr width=100% size=1>