Swanage

baart

Visit site
Hi,

We are thinking of going to Swanage this weekend for a quick day sail. Just not sure about mooring options this time of the year. Tried to contact the Water Taxi number but ther is no answer, no reply on their facebook page either. Never been there before so what other options have we got? not sure if I fancy a dinghy trip ashore there. Any sugestions ?
Thx, B

Jungle Jim

Visit site
The sailing club have some mooring bouys, it might be worth contacting them. We were there a couple of weeks ago, I didn't notice a water taxi.

GrahamD

Visit site
I would imagine that you will need to be self sufficient if you want to go ashore. The visitor moorings are owned by Swanage Sailing club. Normally there is number to call on the buoy.

baart

Visit site
Happy to anchor just not sure if it is sheltered enough for a safe dinghy trip. Have guests onboard that may not feel confident if it is too far and if there is some swell. There is nothing from the east in the forcast so should be ok but we have never been there before so not quite sure what to expect.

stephen_h

Visit site
Happy to anchor just not sure if it is sheltered enough for a safe dinghy trip. Have guests onboard that may not feel confident if it is too far and if there is some swell. There is nothing from the east in the forcast so should be ok but we have never been there before so not quite sure what to expect.
It is quite a big bay so would have to be pretty rough to get a swell on the beach I would have thought?
Went there last year and no problem at all landing on the sandy beach.

baart

Visit site
Had a pleasant trip, only one other boat on a mooring nearby. Water taxi not operating yet. Used Swanage sailing club moorings. They are still awaiting new ropes so had to use our own. What a lovely place.