Suzuki SMG 4 settings problem

Cathy*

Visit site
We've just bought a 2021 Merry Fisher 895 offshore with twin Suzuki 200hp engines. We were very pleasantly surprised to find that each fuel tank has a sender, from what we'd been told there were no fuel gauges on the boat showing how much fuel is in the tanks. However there was no info available either on the Suzuki gauges or on the Raymarine chart plotter so it seems the previous owner had never set this up. by trial and error I've managed to get the right details on the Raymarine showing 82% in the port tank and 53% in the stbd tank. The SMG 4s are a different kettle of fish. No matter what I do the port gauge shows 2 tanks but with the same amount in each on one page and on another page shows, by bars, more in the stbd tank than in the port. There is no engine no registered on the stbd gauge. Fuel usage when we did the sea trail showed usage of the port engine on the port gauge and total usage for both engine on the stbd gauge which was how the owner said he wanted it. We would like to show separate usage on each gauge but somehow I've flipped it so now we have stbd usage on the stbd gauge and total usage on the port gauge. Does all that make sense? I could do with a six year old to come and press the right buttons to sort it out please. We asked another owner at the marina to come and have a look but he was flummoxed.

Kendal

Visit site
Hi Cathy, do you have the installation manual? The instructions in there are not great to be fair, but they tell you how to set up the display for the tanks. The settings you need are in Initial Settings>Tank>. In there you can select whether each gauge shows one or two tanks and which tank each one displays.

Cathy*

Visit site
Hi Cathy, do you have the installation manual? The instructions in there are not great to be fair, but they tell you how to set up the display for the tanks. The settings you need are in Initial Settings>Tank>. In there you can select whether each gauge shows one or two tanks and which tank each one displays.
I do have the manual. I didn't find it helpful and it says the initial settings for the tank is set by the dealer and there aren't any instructions in the manual. I've contacted the dealer who sold the boat and he's given me the name of the installer but so far they haven't responded.

Kendal

Visit site
The tank setup instructions are on page 37. You need to specify how many tanks and what capacity they are. There is also an option to set the sender region (US or Europe) which must be correct. I would expect yours to be European.

Kendal

Visit site
The tank setup instructions are on page 37. You need to specify how many tanks and what capacity they are. There is also an option to set the sender region (US or Europe) which must be correct. I would expect yours to be European.
I've just checked my manuals and I was only supplied with the operations manual. It is the installation manual that you need. PM me if you want a copy.

Cathy*

Visit site
I've just checked my manuals and I was only supplied with the operations manual. It is the installation manual that you need. PM me if you want a copy.
I've followed the instructions that I do have and I think that's when the info started to appear on the Raymarine. The calibration was set to American and no volume on the tanks. I don't have an installation manual so if you have one that has more useful instructions would be great thanks.