Surfleet Seas End

jono_howlett

Visit site
I have been down with the early tide, spent the day around the channel and back with the evening tide,

but still not really enought time to get to the other harbours along the coast

I will come back to north norfolk during the summer when I have more daylight

I really need to film those birds in the wash

D

You should be able to get out of Wells, across Holkham bay and into Burnham Overy Staith without too much difficulty. Once there its worth going up the creek behind Scolt head through to Brancaster; Im sure its good bird filming there. (Not much of a bird watcher myself but its marshy and remote)

Mind you I was up in Wells last week and it was fekin freezing; not sure Id fancy it at the moment.

jono

stuartgsd14

Visit site
Anyone ever find out who to contact for moorings?

Did Anyone ever find out who the moorings belong to,I have contacted the ea and they have no idea.
I am looking for a cheapish mooring.
SJ

Sixpence

Visit site
All privately owned and I think the only way anyone else is likely to be able to use one is by being known by one of the owners personally. The owner of the mooring I was on has been a friend for a few years, so allowed free use of it. May be worth a trip there a few times before even asking about it, get yourself known and maybe help a few people out, then give them time to find out if you're the sort of person they like. Sometimes think it's harder to get a mooring there than on the East Coast Riviera Marina's

stuartgsd14

Visit site
surfleet seas end

Cheers for the information sixpence...wonder if anyone has one for sale?
Was really suprised when i got down there as it is like a little holiday village on the coast with all the riverside houses/huts on the freshwater side. Not what you expect to find in lincolnshire...

Croc

Visit site
Not quite what you expect to find in Lincolnshire....mmm....my memory of Surfleet Seas End goes back nearly 50 years. Pretty girls...lots of them...good fun too...all night parties...licencing hours did not seem to matter much in the early Sixties....can't remember much about the boats...just the girls and the parties....most of the blokes used to get pissed as rapidly as possible... and that left the girls....all I can say is life in the flatlands was not always dull.... but you are right not what I expected to find but I am glad I did.

Sixpence

Visit site
Cheers for the information sixpence...wonder if anyone has one for sale?
Was really suprised when i got down there as it is like a little holiday village on the coast with all the riverside houses/huts on the freshwater side. Not what you expect to find in lincolnshire...

Afraid there is little chance of finding any for sale, they seem to be inherited and remain in a very tight group. As I understand from my friend, they have been there since before the sluice was built, and remain against the wishes of the EA simply because of how long they have been there. The EA work recently carried out was due to erosion caused by the sluice, and because the moorings were there before that was built, they were obliged to make good and repair the moorings too. Not even sure they can be sold because obviously the EA would probably want to buy them.
As said, best get down there, get known, be useful and helpful and after a while make it known that you would be interested in a mooring, then see how the word spreads.
A cheap mooring always comes with a price though, wait for low tide and climb down one of the ladders to the bottom, then look up, then decide if you really want to be there.

stuartgsd14

Visit site
how about a mooring at Wainfleet haven, we charge £225 for the year.

www.skegnessyachtclub.co.uk

Have already made enquirys at Wainfleet room for up to 24ft so it is on my list of possible moorings?(short list at the moment its Wainfleet and wisbech or fosdyke)
Blakeny would suit going the other way anyone know the costs details for Blakeny /Morston area.

Wells next the sea seems pretty reasonable assuming this is not the price per metre
Running mooring £60 per year
Drascombe type £76 per year
Fore and Aft Swing £130 per year
Pontoon Berth £347 per year

Thanks for the help
sj

alexrunic

Visit site
Have already made enquirys at Wainfleet room for up to 24ft so it is on my list of possible moorings?(short list at the moment its Wainfleet and wisbech or fosdyke)
Blakeny would suit going the other way anyone know the costs details for Blakeny /Morston area.

Wells next the sea seems pretty reasonable assuming this is not the price per metre
Running mooring £60 per year
Drascombe type £76 per year
Fore and Aft Swing £130 per year
Pontoon Berth £347 per year

Thanks for the help
sj

dont forget you have to add harbour dues at £25 per meter per year on top of the mooring fees