Suppliers of hose clips?

Coaster

Visit site
I'd like to order an assortment of hose clips. Can anyone recommend a good supplier to order from, preferably online?

I understand that Jubilee and JCS are good manufacturers.

For stainless fittings and fixings I've understood that 316 grade is appropriate. Are A4 and 18/8 grades approximately the same? Perhaps someone that knows about these things could explain

mylo

Visit site
When ever possible I use Mikalor Hose Clamps. They're a bit more expensive but I trust them more than a Jubilee clip as they are wider and tighten with a nut and bolt.
Just my 2p worth.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
You can get Mikalor online via Ebay - but whichever you choose make sure they are ALL stainless - there are lots on the market that have zinc plated mild steel screws. Search on 'Stainless hose clips'.
Just checked and some of the Mikalor ones have Zinc Plated steel screws !!

Last edited:

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I'd like to order an assortment of hose clips. Can anyone recommend a good supplier to order from, preferably online?

I understand that Jubilee and JCS are good manufacturers.

For stainless fittings and fixings I've understood that 316 grade is appropriate. Are A4 and 18/8 grades approximately the same? Perhaps someone that knows about these things could explain

I have just responded on another hose clip thread. Check with a magnet that no part of the clip attracts. Any 300 series is fine for on-board use, 304 or 316 (A2 or A4).