Sunseeker platform rub rail

Eren

Visit site
Hi,

This summer I damaged the stainless steel rub rail around the swim platform. There was a sudden storm, the boat moved back, swim platform smashed to the quay wall. All is fine with the GRP but the stainless steel protection rail is damaged and has to be replaced. I talked with a local chrome shop, they told me that they cannot do it, has to be supplied from the producer of the rail. Even though I searched it a lot on the internet, I was not able to find out the producers of these rails to Sunseeker. I will be grateful for any help.

Eren

Visit site
Actually no. If I go through the regular supply chain, I need to talk to Sunseeker, then they buy it from the actual producer and sell it to me twice or triple the cost. I prefer to contact the supplier directly. I am sure there should be a known supplier to them, like Trend Marine, who supplies several chrome/stainless steel hardware to Sunseeker and other UK boat builders. Just trying to find out who the supplier is.

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Where are you? There used to be a stainless steel fabricator at Emsworth Marina who could make anything. Can't remember their name, and they may be gone now, but a call to Emsworth Marina might do the trick.

Eren

Visit site
I am in Gocek/Turkey. Sunseeker uses the same rail at all their yachts. I believe that it is an off-the-shelf item, if the correct supplier can be located. Re-manufacturing it requires moulds/press work, which will be more expensive in the end.

Eren

Visit site
Thanks for the inputs. Looks like Trend Marine is the one. I have sent them a request and will be waiting for their response.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Before you get too involved speak to Sunseeker / the local Sunseeker dealer.

We had a sailing yacht damage the stainless rubbing strake and replacement lengths from our local Princess service dept were available off the shelf at not rediculous prices. Someone even popped it round to the yard for us. By the time we tried to get the right stuff elsewhere it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

If they come back and quote £400 per metre then investigate further but I suspect they may not.

Henry :)

Eren

Visit site
I checked with local Sunseeker now. They do not have off the shelf but they offered to bring it with a boat that will be coming for delivery. That is also a good option. As the season is over, I have time to wait.

On the other side still no response from Trend Marine. We will wait.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
I checked with local Sunseeker now. They do not have off the shelf but they offered to bring it with a boat that will be coming for delivery. That is also a good option. As the season is over, I have time to wait.

On the other side still no response from Trend Marine. We will wait.

That sounds like a good idea.By the time you’ve paid shipping and it’s not quite right….

Free delivery on the next stock not and you know it’s the right stuff.