Sunseeker Jamaican 35

Visit site
Hello,

I’m considering a Sunseeker Jamaican 35. Do any one know of any major problems or what to look for when viewing, I will get a surveyor to confirm prior to sale but just wanted an insight to these boats. Have any one owned one? It has Volvo AQ41A engines (700hrs) with 290 drives. Are they any good? All the boats I have had in the past have had the mercruiser 4.2 d-dronics with bravo 3’s. Thanks Andrew

Bajansailor

Visit site
They do look very attractive - fairly timeless styling in typical Sunseeker fashion.
Here is one for sale -
Sunseeker Jamaican 35 Used Boat for Sale 1988 | TheYachtMarket
She is now 32 years old though, so condition of the expensive bits (like the engines and outdrive legs) will be an important factor to consider.
The engine access appears to be reasonably good - I am not too keen on the choice of interior furnishings though.

Sunseeker Jamaican 35.jpg

Visit site
They do look very attractive - fairly timeless styling in typical Sunseeker fashion.
Here is one for sale -
Sunseeker Jamaican 35 Used Boat for Sale 1988 | TheYachtMarket
She is now 32 years old though, so condition of the expensive bits (like the engines and outdrive legs) will be an important factor to consider.
The engine access appears to be reasonably good - I am not too keen on the choice of interior furnishings though.

View attachment 98477
Hi, thanks for the reply, the expensive bits im worried about, as to the interior i totally agree with you, love the outside but not sure about the inside.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Sunseeker San Remo hull which was a shortened version of the 1985 36 Rapollo (this one on shafts) with a different upper structure and flybridge.

They tend to chine walk a bit, possibly due to the stern drives, which is never a good combination.

PDJJO

Visit site
Hello,

I’m considering a Sunseeker Jamaican 35. Do any one know of any major problems or what to look for when viewing, I will get a surveyor to confirm prior to sale but just wanted an insight to these boats. Have any one owned one? It has Volvo AQ41A engines (700hrs) with 290 drives. Are they any good? All the boats I have had in the past have had the mercruiser 4.2 d-dronics with bravo 3’s. Thanks Andrew

PDJJO

Visit site

Good Evening Andrew

You don't know me my name is Paul just wondering how you getting on with Lady Leo I know you have only recently purchased her from poole in Dorset if you have any change in circumstances or

any desire to sell her I would be very interested as we have had the use of one for many years in Christchurch called Jamaican Poppy that belongs to a friend and now we are looking to own our own Jamaican many thanks

Kind Regards

Paul.

Bajansailor

Visit site
@PDJJO it might be better to send Andrew a private message, as it mentions on his profile that he has not logged on since September last year.
And if you send him a PM, he should hopefully get an email notification about this - but not necessarily a notification re a response here (although I think you can sign up for this feature).

James L

Visit site
Good Evening Andrew

You don't know me my name is Paul just wondering how you getting on with Lady Leo I know you have only recently purchased her from poole in Dorset if you have any change in circumstances or

any desire to sell her I would be very interested as we have had the use of one for many years in Christchurch called Jamaican Poppy that belongs to a friend and now we are looking to own our own Jamaican many thanks

Kind Regards

Paul.
Hi Paul

I have a Jamaican 35 that I might be willing to sell later on in the summer.
Negotiations with the boss are ongoing about going bigger :)

PM me if you want any details.
FYI - I tried to PM you but it looks like you have PMs blocked in your privacy settings.

PDJJO

Visit site
@PDJJO it might be better to send Andrew a private message, as it mentions on his profile that he has not logged on since September last year.
And if you send him a PM, he should hopefully get an email notification about this - but not necessarily a notification re a response here (although I think you can sign up for this feature).
Hi Paul

FYI - I tried to PM you but it looks like you have PMs blocked in your privacy settings.
Hi Paul

Sorry new member have just tried to turn on PM not quite sure if its now working details of your Jamaican would be good
Regards
Paul

Jeff t

Visit site
HI All I would just like to say thanks for the add to the group,
My name is Jeff Thomas and I would like to say a proud owner of a sunseeker jamaican 35 flybridge the one in this thread, what a fab boat I must say 32 years old and in fab condition.