Sunseeker Hawk 38

MrB

Visit site
I saw that earlier when MBY tweeted about it with pictures. It instantly reminded me of the Sunseeker XS 2000 also designed by Fabrio Buzzi. I like it. :encouragement:

Portofino

Visit site
Not sure that its really a Sunseeker,

Me too , they say they have extensively “studied the market “ of potential customers.
They have not said anything about that profile .

Observationally in the Med there’s a already a lot of high power ribs and fast “ toys “ for villa owning dayboaters .
It’s just that once the novelty of loosing your sun specs and messing up the ladies hairstyle has worn off , the cramped sunbathing and eating and shade space will be a PITA .
Lack of bathing platform means a huge loss of leisure space at the back , like folks just wanting a dip there feet sit together and shoot the breeze .
Tender ?
Sure you can call a restaurant rib for trips to that establishment, but other than that in a busy buoyed area ?

stelican

Visit site

MapisM

Visit site
That thing is hardly comparable to any half decent boat, I reckon.
The single lever clearly shows that whoever built the thing has absolutely no clue about how to helm a fast boat in somewhat rough conditions, and believes that all it takes are some fancy seats - which btw have nowhere near enough lateral restraint, as far as can be told from the pic.
Goes to prove that in this industry there is (still!) a bunch of amateurs, who jump into the boatbuilding bandwagon with only one idea in mind:
What could possibly go wrong...? :ambivalence:

Portofino

Visit site
As I said who is the SS H38 and presume others in the range aimed at for viability?
Villa toys for day boaters need access to the water , shade ,sun loungers + lunch areas .
Compromise on any of the above will kill the sale

Throttle levers arn,t gonna clinch it . Or some souped up rally seats .

Trying to work out the “ we have studied the potential market / customer s” or words to that effect in the blurb .

Any how guys as they say put up or shut up show us sone pics of a rival and permit me to rubbish your choise :encouragement:

Here a typical , I will say that agian TYPICAL set of rivals that the so called “ potential customers “ are going to trip over at a Med show - Genoa as a TYPICAL example, there are more btw .

CLICK ON to enlarge btw .

View attachment 76388
View attachment 76389
View attachment 76390
View attachment 76391
View attachment 76392
View attachment 76393
View attachment 76394
View attachment 76395

Various price points something day boatwise at around 10% of the villa price .
There’s loads more as said congested Mkt and two or three families ( principle + guests ) or what ever decending to the marina for a trip to the local islands or beaches arn,t just interested in speed .

Four sellers
1-Access to the sea
2- Sunbathing areas
3- Lunch areas
4- shade

Without those it’s gonna stick sales wise .

Last edited:

Portofino

Visit site
I cannot believe you are comparing that to the Sunseeker?????? :ambivalence::rolleyes:

That the point I,am making and Ian ( If I understood his post ? ) quote the OP

“ not sure that’s really a Sunseeker “

But I’ve delved a bit deeper and questioning SS blurb “ studied the potential mkt “
“ asked our customers “
Or words to that effect .
And after all that claimed analysis ,
Access to water
Sunbathing
Shade
Lunch areas - are a little forgotten imho .

Last edited:

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Me too , they say they have extensively “studied the market “ of potential customers.
They have not said anything about that profile .

That is a way of saying that the center console outboard market is growing so much (its huge currently in the US currently having about 70% share sub fifty feet), that lets have a shot at this and see what happens ;)

Azimut is also launching a new Verve 47 which looks interesting. To be fair to to Azimut Atlantis they have been in this with the Verve 36 since 2009.
First with stern drives, then OB, then a 40 and now this.
https://www.azimutyachts.com/azimutverve47.html

Portofino

Visit site
That is a way of saying that the center console outboard market is growing so much (its huge currently in the US currently having about 70% share sub fifty feet), that lets have a shot at this and see what happens [/url]

Gotcha :encouragement:

Yes it will fit on a trailer over there ,like a Donzi or sit at the bottom of garden in FL on a boat lift .

I was wearing a Med villa owners hat .

I guess there’s some middle ground as 60 knots isn’t,t gonna impress the rest of the fleet that turn up to a poker run, with fancy throttle levers ( triples) and seats for 100 + knots .

Anyhow best of luck to them .

MrB

Visit site
Gotcha :encouragement:

Yes it will fit on a trailer over there ,like a Donzi or sit at the bottom of garden in FL on a boat lift .

I was wearing a Med villa owners hat .

I guess there’s some middle ground as 60 knots isn’t,t gonna impress the rest of the fleet that turn up to a poker run, with fancy throttle levers ( triples) and seats for 100 + knots .

Anyhow best of luck to them .

The SS is impressive for what it is, a fast luxury day boat. I doubt many "poker run" 100mph boats have a double berth, galley and heads. Also the SS shown has the base engine option so much faster is possible if that is actually required.:rolleyes:

Ian h

Visit site
The SS is impressive for what it is, a fast luxury day boat. I doubt many "poker run" 100mph boats have a double berth, galley and heads. Also the SS shown has the base engine option so much faster is possible if that is actually required.:rolleyes:

The one thing that is missing from all of this is the price, Be interesting to see and compare with a boat direct from the FB stable which after all it is really ,

Would not personally say its luxury or impressive, It sort of has a bathing platform that is rather hard to use for a start. For me it just does not work. What market is it really aimed at ?

Portofino

Visit site
What market is it really aimed at ?

+1
Yes I,am getting the feeling from the responses so far folks think you can stick a Sunseeker label on a bag of sand and successfully sell it to the Arabs :)

@ Mr B there’s plenty of big open American muscle boats poker runners or not with overnight accommodation.

stelican

Visit site
+1
Yes I,am getting the feeling from the responses so far folks think you can stick a Sunseeker label on a bag of sand and successfully sell it to the Arabs :)

@ Mr B there’s plenty of big open American muscle boats poker runners or not with overnight accommodation.

Surely aimed at Sunseeker owners as were their earlier fast runabouts ie XS2000

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

I don't think the S/S has any berths or a galley either, just a bog.

MrB

Visit site
I don't think the S/S has any berths or a galley either, just a bog.

No you're right Pete, I was thinking of another boat in another thread. I stand corrected. (the R35 you identified in Nigels thread).

MapisM

Visit site
I guess there’s some middle ground as 60 knots isn’t,t gonna impress the rest of the fleet that turn up to a poker run, with fancy throttle levers ( triples) and seats for 100 + knots.
Have you ever helmed a boat in a combination of speed and sea conditions that makes the whole boat jump out of the water, occasionally?
If not, trust me, it doesn't take a triple digit speed by any stretch of imagination, to require things like bolster seats and separate levers.
A bit of ferry wake on the lake was more than enough to get airborne, anywhere between 40 and 60kts, with my old Fountain.
And to handle that without risking to blow the outdrive, separate throttle/gear levers are very far from being "fancy": essential is more like it.
Either that or pedal throttle, but that's for even more peculiar boats.

Anyhow, my point was not related to the target clients of those boats - whoever they are.
It's the competence of the builder (lack of, that is) I was arguing about.