Sunsaiĺ Yacht Brokerage, Split Croatia

Irish Rover

Visit site
As some of you will know I've been less than complimentary about yacht brokers in the past, all based on actual personal experience. I think it only fair then, to recount a very satisfactory, recent experience. I bought a boat through the Sunsail Brokerage based in Agana marina about 30 Km from Split. From the first day we went to view the boat, through offer, acceptance, survey, sea trial, sale agreement, registration, deletion, export from Croatia and, finally, actually leaving with it last week, the broker Daniela Jerkovic couldn't have been better. Daniela was always available and contactable by phone, WhatsApp and email. Nothing was too much trouble and she had a ready solution to every issue that arose. I also got great assistance from the rest of the Sunsail team in Agana especially the Technical Manager Dragan.

benjenbav

Visit site
As some of you will know I've been less than complimentary about yacht brokers in the past, all based on actual personal experience. I think it only fair then, to recount a very satisfactory, recent experience. I bought a boat through the Sunsail Brokerage based in Agana marina about 30 Km from Split. From the first day we went to view the boat, through offer, acceptance, survey, sea trial, sale agreement, registration, deletion, export from Croatia and, finally, actually leaving with it last week, the broker Daniela Jerkovic couldn't have been better. Daniela was always available and contactable by phone, WhatsApp and email. Nothing was too much trouble and she had a ready solution to every issue that arose. I also got great assistance from the rest of the Sunsail team in Agana especially the Technical Manager Dragan.
Good to hear. What did you buy?

DanRocksOn

Visit site
How did you find their pricing ? They have a number of Jeanneau 349 for sale but not cheap for the age, engine hours and usuage

benjenbav

Visit site
How did you find their pricing ? They have a number of Jeanneau 349 for sale but not cheap for the age, engine hours and usuage
I looked at those and thought that the prices were quite attractive based on age alone. But when the other factors you mention were taken into account, less so. …unless, of course, the maintenance regime meant that they were better than the average for their age.

Not something I felt I could judge without, at least, seeing the boats in the flesh. And I haven’t got around to that and almost certainly won’t.

Irish Rover

Visit site
The boat I bought was ex charter but ownership had reverted to the private owner at the end of last year. Pricing was down to the owner rather than Sunsail. Cosmetically the boat was "as new" internally and outside the wear and tear was mainly down to long hot summers and wet winters. Mechanically it seems in good order but, I guess, time will tell. So far, after a week motoring through Croatia, Montenegro and Albania, all seems good.

DanRocksOn

Visit site
I chartered a Beneteau 38.1 there last year and the Jeanneau 349 were in the flotilla. The team in Agana seem to look after them well but they were well worn boats after 6 years chartering. I see they have dropped the price a bit to 94 ex VAT but €115 inc VAT is still a bit steep IMHO.

RupertW

Visit site
We bought our current boat from Sunsail in Croatia and ended up good friends with the broker and got to know some of the team. Their absolute patience with Croatian bureaucracy and mad clients was only really revealed to us a couple of years later when his wife joined us for one dangerous drinking session. The French client he had to get out of trouble with the police because he scooped his own shit out of his trousers to fling at a taxi driver was service above and beyond.