Sunline Discovery 31 owners?

Jonathan2021

Visit site
Hi everyone
I have just bought a 2004 Sunline Discovery 31 which I believe was designed and built by ex Sealine employees.
Are there any Sunline Discovery 31 owners on here ? Or someone who would have some info on them?

thanks

Jonathan2021

Visit site
I had one for 5 years. Loved it. Happy to help if I can.
Hi,
Oh wow thanks for getting back to me.
Well we recently bought it but regrettably not much info on it.
It's in the boat yard. I have the following questions.
1, Did yours have trim tabs? Or Zipwake fitted? I don't know the handling characteristics as I am still yet to take her out. I am trying to do as much work on it before it's put in the water. I don't want to throw away money.
2, If I was to post a photo of the switches helm area would you be able to recall what they did? Most of the symbols have rubbed off.
3, Any idea if a extended swim platform was available? If so from where?
4, did you manage to have a reliable parts supplier? I have spent hours trying to find someone who sells parts for it.
5, any common problems I should be aware of?
we are a family of 4 and are so looking forward to sailing her around the coast...

thank you!

rafiki_

Visit site
Right, let’s try this
1. No trim tabs and not really necessary as you can trim the outdrives.
2. Will have a go.
3. Doubt it. You could get one made by a good gelcoat person. Where are you, folk on here will point you to good local suppliers.
4. Depends what you need. I had the Isuzu engines so bought consumables from the Vauxhall dealer. Filters, belts etc. Most other things you can source off t’internet and chandleries. Again, folk on here will help if they know your location. Upholstery and covers are made/repaired by a number of suppliers. Glass is a Trend Marine. My outdrives were Mercruiser Alfa 2’s. Parts available everywhere. What else?
5. Nope. Just look after her properly and she will look after you.

Jonathan2021

Visit site
Right, let’s try this
1. No trim tabs and not really necessary as you can trim the outdrives.
2. Will have a go.
3. Doubt it. You could get one made by a good gelcoat person. Where are you, folk on here will point you to good local suppliers.
4. Depends what you need. I had the Isuzu engines so bought consumables from the Vauxhall dealer. Filters, belts etc. Most other things you can source off t’internet and chandleries. Again, folk on here will help if they know your location. Upholstery and covers are made/repaired by a number of suppliers. Glass is a Trend Marine. My outdrives were Mercruiser Alfa 2’s. Parts available everywhere. What else?
5. Nope. Just look after her properly and she will look after you.
Thanks for the info.
ours is running twin Volvo Diesel D3's

we are located in Sussex and would love to find someone to make us a extended swim platform.
Thank you!

Attachments

• E4EC6574-6101-4C11-B549-1BFF6B419B04.jpeg
    E4EC6574-6101-4C11-B549-1BFF6B419B04.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 33

Jonathan2021

Visit site
Where in Sussex?

The Volvo D3 set up works well. Make sure that the engines and outdrives are properly maintained.
They are pretty low engine hours, just under 200 each (on river) so hopefully many years of life left in them if treated correctly.
We are so excited.

Momac

Visit site
Are they the original engines from new?
If so that's very low hours for a 17 year old boat .

Jonathan2021

Visit site
I am about to re start manufacturing the boat as the Quayline 31. As only recently purchased the mould tools.
I imagine there will be a hell of a demand as they look like a cracking boat.
I wonder if you have considered or could help me with a extended swim platform?

Durley245

Visit site
I imagine there will be a hell of a demand as they look like a cracking boat.
I wonder if you have considered or could help me with a extended swim platform?
Yes, of course. I am seeking any other owners around who have owned a Sunline 31. I believe 11 boats were made, or any one previously involved or worked for Discovery Marine in the past.

rafiki_

Visit site
Yes, of course. I am seeking any other owners around who have owned a Sunline 31. I believe 11 boats were made, or any one previously involved or worked for Discovery Marine in the past.
I had a 2002 for 5 years. Great boat. Worst feature for us was lack of headroom in the saloon/galley. We are both tall. Happy to share my experience and knowledge if any use to you?

Barbs

Visit site
Hi
I have just bought a Sunline 31 2005 from a seller in Dartmouth. She was ‘Giggle’ (previously ‘Keltic Dream’) is now ‘Capall Mara’ and based at Strangford Lough, Northern Ireland.
I would love to know more about them. I’m currently out of the water for maintenance as I just bought her in March.
Would love to know about swim platform too. Also, I have the same ‘icons worn from switches’ problem!