Sun Legend 41

rico

Visit site
I am considering buying a Jeanneau Sun Legend 41, build in 1989.

I like the boat but she is not very common in my area so my feeling is not supported by experience of friends neither I could find articles dealing with this boat.

I would be very grateful therefore to any one who will share with me his experience, both negative or positive with this boat or who will redirect me to some place (magazine, internet or whatsoever) where I can find additional information on her reliability (blistering, handling, seaworthness etc)

Thank you again

Rico

30boat

N/A
Visit site
I believe that the Sun Legende is a Douglas Peterson design.If so I am sure that from the sailing point of vue it will be a great boat.I have sailed several of his designs ( and owned one ) and they all were very good .

Robin

Visit site
We are 5 weeks ahead of you, having just bought a 1988 version. So far because of a broken strand in the rigging found in the survey we have only had a short delivery trip with a reefed main and rolled genoa in a F4 to keep the load of the rig, but she was still very quick and a delight to sail. We are now high and dry with the mast down for re-rigging etc. Survey was OK, no osmosis only really 'maintenance' items found. Ours has been modified from standard layout by filling in pilot berths with lockers plus making part of the starboard aft cabin extra stowage. The layout is traditional, very good chart table and galley and proper sea berths. Check if the fridge compressor has been replaced - ours fortunately had, the original is buried under the galley and it is major woodworking to access, otherwise resite a new one under the galley drawers (which was done on ours).

PBO copy service has a test report from YM of the original SL.

Try also www.jeanneau.com the builders site or www.jeanneau-world.com which is an on-line owners association. The original of the class 'Legende' was a French Admirals Cup boat albeit with a taller rig/deeper keel, so the pedigree is good.

I'll put my tel no/email on a private message via this forum if you want to know more, good sailing anyway.

rico

Visit site
Thank you Robin.

It will be nice to keep in touch.

My private e-mail is rikulle@hotmail.com.

I was unable to trace the availability of the article you mentioned on this site

Can you give me more information about how to order it ?

Thanks again

Aussie Bob

Visit site
Beware the Sun Legende which is not quite what it seems. For example, there is one for sale in Jersey the Channel Islands by the name of Albatross. It was not built by Jeanneau though, but by Olympic Marine in Greece and was marketed under the name of Olympic Sea 42. It looks almost the same as a Jeanneau to the untrained eye but it is different. Some say Sea 42s are better built than Sun Legendes but a surveyor would need to check this out.