Suggestions for EU flag of convenience

Tranona

Visit site
This is all guesswork as to what the agreement will be about rights of boats VAT paid in the UK before the cutoff date.

It is nowhere as simple as these comments suggest when you think about all the different combinations of boat VAT payment, citizenship of ownership, location of boat etc. never mind the evidence required to support "status".

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I suspect you might struggle to buy Vic's boat in the UK (or anywhere else) ;)

Hang in Mac , if the money right I could be temped , although I think Chrissy would first kill me before leaving me after all the hard work , time and money we both put into it since buying it .
New sails and batteries this year . :)

lindseygill

Visit site
Indeed. A few months ago I entered into correspondence with the HMRC NIRU (National Import Relief's Unit) unit to clarify this for my own circumstances (planning a 5 year circumnavigation) and the final feedback I got from them was as follows:

"Regarding the approval in advance, the main issue is BREXIT.

I’m afraid rules and regulations have not been agreed as yet, so I have no idea what the policies or regimes will entail post BREXIT."

So it's was wait and see back in April this year and it's still the same now it seems.