Such knowledgable people

colvic

Visit site
Such knowledgeable people as yourselves must know something about the EVASION motor sailers, claimed to be a true sailing yacht with a decent inboard engine.

Looking to buy one after losing our Colvic Watson so any serious advice would be most gratefully recieved....sorry Jimi

Phil

warrior40

Visit site
Hi,
They were built by Benetau in the late 70s and early 80s, You can buy them cheaply in France, in differing sizes. Not sure about sailing capabilities, but anything would surely sail better than a Watson..?
Hope that helps

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Re: Flavors -

Evasions came in:
Ft - Berth - Draft - Keel
25 - 3 - 3'8 - Long
29 - 4/6 - 4'7 - Long fin
32 - 2/6 - 4'7 - Long
34 - 6/8 - 5'10 - Long Fin or 3'10- 7' Lifting
36 - 4/6 - 4'8 - Shoal wing fin
37 - 5/8 - 4'1-7'6 - Long shoal fin + c'plate

When I was looking around, I quite fancied the 34 but could only find a few 32's

jamesjermain

Visit site
A-Z

May I be so bold as to refer you to my A-Z of secondhand boats series, YM June 200, pp 53 et seq.

The Evasion 34 was undoubtedly the best of the early Evasions from the 70s though the 36, built much later from 1990 onwards was more substantial, a better sailer and better laid out down below. It is also much more expensive on teh secondhand market.

They do sail moderately well but I wouldn't go racing in one.

The Beneteau website has brief details of the whole range. www.beneteau.com

JJ

Juggler7823

Visit site
Re: A-Z

I visted on a a moderately new Evasion this year in Bangor, NI and was quite impressed by the layout and construction. It looked better than your average Bene.

later I visited Dickies, the main Bene agent in North Wales, and was told that Beneteau no longer sell Evasion. I could not find Evasion mentioned on the bene website site except in the history of bene company.

LOM

Col

Visit site
No, not You !!/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>