Subwinging- now that's a must have!!

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
It's a variation on dive sleds, which have been around a while. I made one out of a piece of plywood when I was 15 :D

As for this being a new development because of the hub in the middle, it reminds me of the Jasper Carrot joke "here's a song I wrote, unfortunately Simon and Garfunkel wrote it first" (http://www.free-press-release.com/n...for-innovative-hub-technology-1343670169.html)

None the less it looks like fun

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
It's a variation on dive sleds, which have been around a while. I made one out of a piece of plywood when I was 15 :D

As for this being a new development because of the hub in the middle, it reminds me of the Jasper Carrot joke "here's a song I wrote, unfortunately Simon and Garfunkel wrote it first" (http://www.free-press-release.com/n...for-innovative-hub-technology-1343670169.html)

None the less it looks like fun

Uh-oh Nick, no you don't. I've got two words for you: Hover. Board. :D

jfm

Visit site
Nick, I'll drive the tow boat. Plenty can go wrong :encouragement:.

Seriously the big draw back of this gizmo is the need for a tow boat, so is a proper mission to do. It may be 20th the price of a Seabob but the Seabob wins hands down on spontaneity and independence

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Obviously been around some time but I just saw it on the TV yesterday.
From comments not so much of a "must have"
That's £300 saved!

I don't think anyone was knocking the idea, just pointing out that it's not a new invention, and that you obviously need a driver in the tow boat the whole time. It looks fun, and for most of us a Seabob is too pricey, so I wouldn't rule out buying one of these myself.

JTB's comment was a joke relating to me breaking a bone falling off a hoverboard!

Anthony

Visit site
I'll drive the tow boat.

Good luck to you, I would not want to be the skipper of the tow boat at the time the person got pulled into a rock or debris on the sea floor.

If I am towing a line with someone on the end of it I want the onboard spotter to be able to see that person 100% of the time (just the like the instruction in a MOB scenario 'Keep your eyes on that person and do nothing else"), not just hope that they are ok.

I also dont get the point of it, I love scuba diving and seeing whats below the surface, anything faster than a very slow swim (and not being able to stop when you want) would make it difficult to observe all the great details.

MapisM

Visit site
If I am towing a line with someone on the end of it I want the onboard spotter to be able to see that person 100% of the time
I couldn't agree more.
That thingie is a disaster waiting to happen, and I can't for the life of me understand how they got the approval to put it on the market - if they actually did, that is! :ambivalence:

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
I couldn't agree more.
That thingie is a disaster waiting to happen, and I can't for the life of me understand how they got the approval to put it on the market - if they actually did, that is! :ambivalence:

I think you're both over-reacting, dive sleds have been around for donkeys years, and a quick google doesn't show any accidents. Don't forget the boat is travelling at about 4-5 mph, if you went much faster your mask would be pulled off. Obviously the risks would be increased if you tried to steer through underwater gullies etc. but that's the rider's choice, and he/she can always let go and float up.