Submit a pleasure craft report service - Permission to travel

st599

Visit site
For EU passport holders, there was a phone number on the sPCR website to ring to gain permission to travel. When we rang it, the person had no idea what we were talking about, nor what an sPCR or C1881 form was.

DanTribe

Visit site
So if I have this correct, I have to check my crew's passport or travel document to ensure it's valid and current and check if they need a visa?
Do I have to do this on line or by phone before leaving or entering the UK or my destination?

st599

Visit site
So if I have this correct, I have to check my crew's passport or travel document to ensure it's valid and current and check if they need a visa?
Do I have to do this on line or by phone before leaving or entering the UK or my destination?
You've been required to do that since B-day using National Yachtline. They're now automating the system - somehow (the email doesn't go in to detail, other than Tue new system starts on the 18th)

lustyd

Visit site
From what I could tell the online system will remain the same, they’re just checking the passport details entered and giving feedback now where before they didn’t so there wasn’t much detail to go into since the process remains the same. It should be more efficient and add a bit more certainty. I especially like that it’ll just confirm UK passports can just reenter without calling etc.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
From what I could tell the online system will remain the same, they’re just checking the passport details entered and giving feedback now where before they didn’t so there wasn’t much detail to go into since the process remains the same. It should be more efficient and add a bit more certainty. I especially like that it’ll just confirm UK passports can just reenter without calling etc.
The advice on line makes no suggestion that a uk citizen doent need to report arrival back in the uk. Indeed both exit and entry advice have no update more recent than december 23

Daydream believer

Visit site
Passports etc. are irrelevant. I think that it should be good enough just to give the details of the rubber dinghy that you are using. ie Wetline, Avon etc. Along with number of children under the age of 35 yrs aboard. Should do the trick. ;) :LOL:

lustyd

Visit site
The advice on line makes no suggestion that a uk citizen doent need to report arrival back in the uk. Indeed both exit and entry advice have no update more recent than december 23

From Thursday, 18 April 2024, we will introduce permission to travel checks to this service. When you report an arrival in the UK, we will show you the outcome of these checks.

We will use the details of the people you add to confirm they have valid permission to travel or if you must verify their documents.

For British and Irish nationals a valid passport is their permission

I believe the advice will be within the service once you submit. As such the standard advice may not change because the default is still to report but the app may advise you don’t have to.