Stuck on the fast flowing River Marne, seeking advice...

Visit site
We are a bit stuck on the River Marne,

We'd like to make progress through the French canal network, but can't really fight this 3 knot current.

I put out a few posts on social media and have been told to seek out the Oracle, the one, Grehan. Could someone point us in the right direction?

We're wondering whether to punch through the currrent, turn back and go up the Seine, or stay put for another month while the current slows down. Currently in Nogent Sur Marne Marina.

Our youtube channel:

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
It's not a great time of year to try to get through to the Saone . . . I think the Marne route is open, but apart from river current (only as far as Vitry) there is a danger of ice over the canal surface that could damage the boat and will certainly halt progress - and you won't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere for days (or worse) at a time. This happened to well-known liveaboard couple (Sell Up and Sail) Bill and Laurel Cooper and they didn't like it - although they, like you, had great support from local French people. [why on earth we're giving France and the rest of Europe two fingers is completely beyond me].

Anyway, I think you might do well to reconsider your immediate plans. Contact me to discuss options.

This is our own blog from way back when, when we did the passage through to the Med.
https://stage.french-waterways.com/topics/waterway-practicalities/through-france/
and
The video