Strong Streams Warning

apollo

Visit site
I assume so....?

But Maidenhead level went down and up today, amazed that no fluctuation at all on the whole river?

nickcred

Visit site
Hi All

Anyone close to datchet/windsor give me an idea if the level is dropping or should i be getting on the M4 to go up and check the boat tonight

thanks

nickcred

Visit site
Re: Strong Streams Warning & EA lack of update

Just called the EA info line and last update from them was Wednesday 4th June, chocolate and teapot springs to mind. Or am I being unfair.

It is very frustrating that there is no information on the height of the river when you are 45 miles from your boat.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

No, I dpn't think you are being unfair at all.

The EA really do need to get this problem resolved as a matter of urgency.

River conditions are no different to road conditions when it comes down to it. The travelling public expects to be kept reliably informed in a timely manner.

I know angelaq has indicated that the topic is being addressed but this is one issue that should be sorted PDQ. Last week, I rang the Reading info number at 1015 one morning and it just rang and rang.

nickcred

Visit site

LOL - the recording for Windsor to Bell Weir says there are no flood warnings or flood watches in force despite my and 5 other boats at the mooring between Romney and Datchet currently sitting 8 inches above the bank.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
LOL - the recording for Windsor to Bell Weir says there are no flood warnings or flood watches in force despite my and 5 other boats at the mooring between Romney and Datchet currently sitting 8 inches above the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick, what's the matter with you, think before you write. The river level hasn't risen, your bank has dropped.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha.....but the EA definition of flood is not the same as yours and mine. They dont regard the fact that your boat is above the bank as a flooding issue - the river is simply above its normal level.

However, we ring that number as boaters and therefore expect to hear messages that relate to our concerns.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
>>>
Last weekend it was remarkable how the flow moderated between Friday evening and Sunday morning
>>>

Tribute to the skill and experience of the lock keepers wouldn't you say?

[/ QUOTE ]
Meant to comment on this yesterday.

I would be astonished if individual lock-keepers take unilateral decisions about weir control.
I understood there to be at least some level of centralised river level management with lock/weir keepers being instructed when to make changes.

nickcred

Visit site

Dam and there was me thinking I would make a whole load of dosh on Britains Got Talent. " The Worlds Only Levitating Boat " /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

apollo

Visit site

Just rang the EA Recorded line again, still no update from 4th June 14:00.

Gavi

Visit site

No-one told the NB that just went by!!!!