stripping paint from topsides

G

My boat has been painted with a single pack paint, I wondered if their was any type of chemical paint stripper (similar to Nitromors perhaps) that could remove the paint without damaging the gelcoat beneath? What would nitromors do?

Regards

Sean

gus

www.whysuffer.co.uk
Do you need to strip it? Can I presume that you are intending re-painting the top sides with a two pack. I would be inclined to try a test patch for you may likely find that if the existing paint is well dried out having been on for some time, that a two pack polyurethane paint will go onto it without any problem as long as you don't use any thinners and key it well to maximise the adhesion.

gus

www.whysuffer.co.uk
Re: stripping paint

Do you need to strip it? Can I presume that you are intending re-painting the top sides with a two pack. I would be inclined to try a test patch for you may likely find that if the existing paint is well dried out having been on for some time, that a two pack polyurethane paint will go onto it without any problem as long as you don't use any thinners and key it well to maximise the adhesion.