Stowe Anemometer

DavidBolger

www.ladyrowena.net
Hi guys,
had a bueatiful sail this morning in a bracing F5 with spinnaker flying. In one gust, the shackle on the clew undid and the spinnaker flew forward. As it did, it seems to have damaged the cups on the anemometer. I haven't been up the mast to inspect it but from the deck it looks like two of the cups have broken off. The instruments are the Stowe range. Does anyone know who I can speak to concerning spares etc? Anyone had a similar experience?

regards

David

<hr width=100% size=1>

pvb

Visit site
It\'s A W Marine...

See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://awmarine.com>their website</A> for contact details. Alan Williams bought the entire stock of Stowe spare parts, I believe, when Stowe was sold to Simrad. He probably has just what you need; he certainly had the bits I needed for my Stowe masthead unit last year (although you may find that his monopoly position has affected his pricing!!).

<hr width=100% size=1>

JerryHawkins

Visit site
David,

I updated all my instruments the other year and have a complete working set of Stowe instruments wind and log including the mast-top anemometer on its boom and the mast-top base with wiring for it. They are circa 1990.

PM me if your interested and /or have no luck elsewhere.

Cheers, Jerry

<hr width=100% size=1>