Stoopid or what?

Gordonmc

Visit site
I am red-faced.

Last week I put a post on looking for a manual for a Hurth gearbox. Stemar kindly Emailed the required document which I duly printed out.

Clutching said doc. I dragged No. 1 toolbox (mechaniking for the use of) to the boat ready to action, only to find the lump of rust lurking at the back of the T90 is, in fact, a Borg Warner Velvet 1:1.

Has anyone got a manual? I can't find a model number and the serial number is indecipherable. It is water cooled and cast iron, not ali. No oil drain and the filler/dip is on a rubber bung, if that rings any bells.

Willing to pay for copying, postage etc but an on-line manual would be good.

<hr width=100% size=1>

scottnewcombe

Visit site
I have a BW velvet drive 1:1 on my tub and have a new manual which I got from Lansing Marine a while back.

It wasn't too expensive (£10?? I forget now but give them a call)

I could cost me that to get it copied for you. Try Lansing and if it is too expensive PM me with your address and I'll sort out a copy for you.

Cheers

Scott

<hr width=100% size=1>

Stemar

Visit site
I don't know if it's the one you want, but you can download the service manual for models 70C & 71 C from http://www.ccmanuals.crosswinds.net/engine.htm.

I'd email this as well, but it's over 5Mb and I don't want to clog up your email service. I downloaded a bunch of manuals from a site in Holland, but foolishly I didn't keep the address, and couldn't find it when I looked again.

If anyone else needs a manual, send me a PM. They're mostly pdf files from scanned paper, and of er... variable ... quality, but they could get you out of a hole.

<hr width=100% size=1>