Stolen Narrowboat??

watson1959

Visit site
Guys
Sometime back in 2012-13 I recall reading a thread about a narrowboat which had been stolen somewhere on the tidal Thames. The only reason I remember this is because there was a photo posted of the boat which has a very distinctive doorway at the back.

Whilst up in Oxford this week, I saw the following, moored opposite all the Oxford Uni rowing clubs. Notably it doesnt have a name painted on the hull either......

If you're the rightful owner of this boat and moored in Oxford, I apologise in advance. :)

If you're the rightful owner and NOT moored in Oxford......I prefer Malbec!
NB.jpg

Attachments

• Narrowboat.png
    Narrowboat.png
    5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Actionmat

Visit site
Simple. One takes up 2 to 3 times as much public mooring space as a cruiser and the other takes up 3 to 4 times as much public mooring space as a cruiser.

sarabande

Visit site
we haven't had a good internecine narrowboat warfare thread for ages :)

But don't me divert you from finding out whether it a stolen boat or not. Finding it would be a triumph of forum persistence of memory.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
A widebeam narrow boat looks exactly like a narrowboat (when seen from the side). A barge looks more like the old Dutch or English motorbarges than a narrowboat - having a wheelhouse usually and heavier construction, some sheer bigger engine etc etc . this assumes we are talking about recently built boats.

There are anomalies - I call them Ditch Barges