sterling pro digital switch mode battery charger

wizard

Visit site
Nope, been running for three years now absolutely faultless.

No matter where you go the voltage adjusts automatically - best investment ever.

(Only a personal opinion)

William_H

Visit site
Switch mode power supplies and battery chargers seem to be with us to stay partly because they are much cheaper and lighter than transformer types. The electronics are very complex but electronics are cheap these days. However electronics don't always go well in boats due to high moisture atmosphere. Now it is likely that the manufacturer has sealed the electronics effectively so that is good.

A high current transfromer type battery charger will be very heavy and possibly not automatically regulating but all the wiring is also heavy giving inherent resistance to corrosion from shear size of copper. just a thought (old fashioned) olewill

tom52

Visit site
My non digital failed after less than a year, due to damp. Because the terminals went rusty it was excluded from the warranty.
Try Adverc.

catmandoo

The Earth but normally in the place of the high st
Visit site
I gather 28 pin chip has small terminals and with very low voltages and subject to minute corrosion wont float . Only solution on the spot is to remove the chip spray with cleaner and replace

Sterling can supply a better chip holder so I believe . Would like to hear from someone who had this problem got the holder and is now having no problems

JEG

Visit site
I returned one because it was necessary to use all three outputs [40amp] or the charging did not work properly - according to the accompanying literature.
Sent details back with charger.

John G

pvb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I returned one because it was necessary to use all three outputs [40amp] or the charging did not work properly - according to the accompanying literature.

[/ QUOTE ] Doesn't the literature say to simply link any unused output to an output terminal which is being used?