Stella Artois

roborali

Visit site
I also think Stella is Sh*te and we call it wife beater.

If I do resort to lager it is either czech (staropramen for instance) or asian (cobra, tiger, asahi, singha). It my opinion they are full of taste, lack excessive gas and have ingredient lists that are short and comprehensible (no science degree needed).

klanky

Visit site
In our club all lagers are referred to as "Euro Piss", I, personally, drink other peoples beer, it's cheaper but the after effects can be painful and result in frequent nose bleeds.

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Thirsty

Help me out here: No matter how much I try to drink on a Sat night I'm STILL thirsty when I wake up on Sun morning. Que?

knotgood

Visit site
Re: Thirsty

Try the following quality belgian products:

Hoegaarden...
(appears cloudy, but brewed using wheat, and gives a "white effect" but must be served chilled, lovely freh and crisp taste)

Leffe...
(all varieties ...Very strong, but with a rich taste not like Special Brew or other high ABV beers.. and excellent for night time navigation...ask Castaway!)

Duvell ...
(Similar to Leffer, only stronger)

Now available in most supermarkets, and will put you off the average british larger for life.

Lakesailor

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In our club all lagers are referred to as "Euro Piss", I, personally, drink other peoples beer

[/ QUOTE ]
So if you pick up some else's lager you be drinking their <font color="black">p</font><font color="black">iss</font>?

BobE

Visit site

Just cannot understand why any Brit would want to drink lager anyway...
Our real ales are actually admired all over the world..

And they're mostly pretty different too.

Strengths and flavour vary..

Why do people drink Cold beer? So they can get p***ed without tasting the rubbish!
C'mon guys support your local produce..
Cheers Bob E...

And now the thread has degenerated to this extent, it should definately be moved to the
"Drawing room".
But How? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lakesailor

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

And now the thread has degenerated to this extent, it should definately be moved to the
"Drawing room".
But How? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Nonsense. what could be more boaty than a discussion of beers. It hasn't degenerated. It started out as Stella Artois.
Perhaps you would felt more comfortable if it had been "Bluebird Bitter"
That is brewed 8 miles away, so qualifies as local, and is one of the much admired beers you speak of.

BobE

Visit site

Thanks for putting my mind at rest ...
I thought I might have been hauled over the coals!!
And Yes I did like the Bluebird stuff last time I stayed at Mockerin (or was it "kin")
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Cheers Bob E...

BobE

Visit site

Steve, We usually only carry " Mini Spitfires" good value at about £6 for 12 little bottles...Getting difficult to find but still in some Tescos ( Salisbury fer sure)
Main thing is it stows well in my shallow bilges leaving room for a bottle of gin, some cans of tonic, and the inevitable Pimms and lemonade in the fridge..
Oh yes and it's just about the right size to quench a thirst and altho' not up to the draught stuff is ok by me..
Of course I have no conn with the brewers except that I spend money with them.
Cheers Bob E...

BobE

Visit site
Re: A Bob in the bush is worth tree in the shrubs

Oh Hell I'll go back to my plumbing got to get it done B4 tomorrow HW when I'm orf to St Vaast...
Cheers Bob E...

BobE

Visit site

It's brewed by Hall & Woodhouse in Blandford and although I know quite a few who like it I think it's grotty...
I guess it's what your taste buds get used to.
In my youth in Paddington I drank Red barrel at the Warwick Castle and thought it great... But I've got the taste of real ales now..
As you say Badger is in the name .. Although they have won some prizes!! I had a Scots friend ( married my Scots cousin ) who always said English pubs were great but the beer was like gnats pee!
Cheers Bob E...

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
Red Barrel?

Memories of Red Barrel? That really was the pits - they couldn't give it away at a free tasting for students in mid/late 1960s Glasgow. True! One pint was enough and people went back to bar and paid perfectly good money for beer that wisnae much better (the Scottish stuff was mainly rubbish at that time).

Fortunately, Scottish beers and ales have greatly improved since then.

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Red Barrel?

Can't have been as bad as the Welsh Brew 'Allbright' which wasn't even deserving of the description Gnat's pee. In my youth, it used to be sold in a pub frequented by many young RAF lads near RAF St Athans - I asked the landlord why he didn't put any decent beers on. His answer was it was a gold mine for him, as he could sell each of them 18 pints a night, and they wouldn't get pissed and rowdy! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigmart

Visit site
Re: Red Barrel?

In my youth all the poor student types, who drank Bitter, drank Watneys Starlight. I never touched the stuff being a dyed in the wool Lager drinker.

Martin