steering wheels

Ash

Visit site
We want to replace our small old wooden steering wheel with a larger one approx 22 inches diam and stainless steel leather bound. But where do we get one from?
Any ideas.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
try Vetus or Whitlock. i recommend a suede covering for both hot and cold climates.

i don't believe in big steering wheels, they get in the way. ok if your steering is too high geared but otherwise i reckon it's to make up for inadequacies in other departments ;-) (ok, 22 inches is tiny by those standards).

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Vetus do not make nice wheels IMHO, they insist on using plastic moldings on them. We bought a nice 19" wheel from

French Marine Motors Ltd
Unit 19
Wendover Road
Rackheath
Norfolk
NR13 6LR

01603 722079

Otherwise there is this place <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.western-marine.com/page153.htm>Western Marine</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/TC_minicruise_2003_01.html>Cardigan Bay Cruise</A>

richardandtracy

Visit site
My one came from a scrapped 2CV and it must be about 22" diameter. Funnily enough it works as well in the boat as it did on the car.
The wheel lives inside, so rust isn't a problem. If yours will live indoors too, then don't discount one from a wrecked car - some can be really posh. If you live in the right [or is it wrong?] sort of area, then maybe there'll be loads lying about in a semi-burnt condition, all for free!

Regards

Richard.

<hr width=100% size=1>

romany123

Visit site
while you are at it you could also get one of those two tone hooters to scare the hell out of ferries......wicked lol

<hr width=100% size=1>Dave

richardandtracy

Visit site
Re: 2 tone hooters.

The hooters are the first things to be stripped from joy-rider's cars in my area. Along with the fluffy dice.

Regards

Richard

<hr width=100% size=1>