steel boat interior paint

jim

Visit site
I intend to re-paint the interior of my 24ft steel yacht, it is not lined in anyway. I understand that there is a fire-retardent paint that i should use, does anybody have any paint supplier names or products they recommend, many thanks for any replies.

Jim

PaulJ

Visit site
Jim, is it your intention to strip off any existing coating and re-paint the bare steel or just to paint on top of what is already there with intumescent paint? If you want to re-coat bare steel I suggest that Jotun's "Jotamastic 87" epoxy is about as easy to apply and "non-critical" as you are likely to find. Have a look at www.jotun.co.uk. From that site I see that Jotun also do a range of intumescent coatings though I used some stuff made by a company called Bollom and it hasn't caught light yet! It is made for the building trade so you can get it through your local painting/decorating supplier though they will probably have to order it.

jim

Visit site
Thanks PaulJ. The jotun site is a great help. i intend to paint over the existing paint which is flaking in places.

Jim