Starboard smoking, port OK

Montemar

www.voltloudspeakers.co.uk
Starboard engine smoking on acceleration. Port running fine.
New air filters fitted to both engines in Spring this year.
Removed air filter on starboard engine and smoke virtually gone. Port engine continues smoke free.
If I rev the SBD engine up to max it pushes out a black cloud and a film of fuel (presumably) left on the sea. Port engine is clean when revved up.
Reconditioned turbos fitted to both engines August 2019.
The SBD engine was completely rebuilt late 2021 so how can it perform worse than the original port engine?
Could it be a failed injector?
Any input gratefully received.

QBhoy

Visit site
Starboard engine smoking on acceleration. Port running fine.
New air filters fitted to both engines in Spring this year.
Removed air filter on starboard engine and smoke virtually gone. Port engine continues smoke free.
If I rev the SBD engine up to max it pushes out a black cloud and a film of fuel (presumably) left on the sea. Port engine is clean when revved up.
Reconditioned turbos fitted to both engines August 2019.
The SBD engine was completely rebuilt late 2021 so how can it perform worse than the original port engine?
Could it be a failed injector?
Any input gratefully received.
Is one exhaust exit above the water more than the other perhaos ?

Montemar

www.voltloudspeakers.co.uk
Thankyou.
The engine in question did smoke before the recon turbo but was later completely rebuilt which would have solved the original problem.
Do't know about breathing but am about to fir new airfilters to each so will see what happens. I have checked the after cooler and the turbo spins freely.
Pump timing? I believe OK as fully reconditioned unit fitted and engine appeared to run fine.
The smoke problem is recent. I suspect that an injector may be leaking despite being reconditioned by Bosch.