Staistics please, Karl, Kim Paul?

tcm

Visit site
I have been asked if 50 is a record for the number of responses in a thread. Which of course it isn't. I think. The DF Light postings made more, and the speed at which the "buy a marina" responses reached 60ish was quite surprising. But I think that there was a posting a year ago by "tom", pre re-build, which reached over 100. So, what's what eh?

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Portugal

We are just going to miss each other then Pauline. We're going on the 30th March for a week. Have fun and get the beer in. Dig a hole and put a sign over the top ---> Haydn and Tutt's beer. KEEP OFF.

Haydn

tcm

Visit site
Re: Portugal again?

Aha. I sense some mad-english-type plans hatching, such as buying holiday houses, or a berth, or even moving to the med. Nobody english seems able to go to anywhere foreign without looking at estate agencies or berths for sale. It's genetic, and explains why we had the British Empire. Unfortunately, (also genetic) we bought the wrong bits and when the "foreign country" market crashed in the middle of the last century it was all dumped. Tho not before they all learnt the lingo.

paulineb

Visit site
Re: Portugal again?

Don't we still own St Helena? Or did we put the froggy rugby team on there and sink it, after Saturday's match?

We'll be moving onto the boat permanently in September this year to get ready for 18 months trip round the med, setting out next year. Can't wait !

Pxx

tcm

Visit site
The Voyages of Pauline!

Ooh you total git! I mean er that sounds wonderful. Full iteinerary required please. Praps a separate post so we can all stick our oar in.

For myself, I'd go first to St Tropez. Then, after checking the weather, and if the weather's good, i'd get off the boat and go to the Girhelia restaurant (if it's open, ahem) and then mebbe the bar in the hotel Sube. Of course, I wouldn't simply stay there: I might get on the rib and go to see friends in Cogolin, or the go-kart track in Grimaud, or even round to club55 althought this would mean take off the ropes and taking the actual boat cos it's at least 10miles round trip.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Ummm...not actually kept a note of that one and the old days of unregistered bandit country are largely buried on ancient back-up tapes, save for the last few months that got rolled over onto the database.

As you say it's certainly much more than 50 and that's about as much as I can offer without delving.

Associate Publisher ybw.com websites kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

tcm

Visit site
ah mebbe the counter is calculated on the fly, not held with the post itself. Useful info/reports to have for analysis, imho, cos if there a 20,000 posts with no replies, that's a bit rubbish in terms of involvment, whereas if er there are longer threads then it shows that's it's a "destination" site. or that massive DFL scmas are going on, of course, but we won't tell the advertisers bout that.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Around the world (almost!) in 18 months.........

Pauline, sounds like you and MrB are going to have the trip of a lifetime, all of us left behind will only be slightly green, presumably you plan to keep us all posted as to your progress.

When do you plan to leave and what's your anticipated schedule and do you need a cabin boy??!!