Stainless Steel Tube

sb99

Visit site
Does anyone know a local supplier (Cardiff Area) of 22mm Stainless 316 Tube

I was down the boat today changing a few deck fittings. There are a couple of fittings that I cannot separate from the tube for love or money so the easiest way looks like replacing small sections of tube,

Any help much appreciated.

sb99

Visit site
Thanks for the offer damo. Unfortunately I need 6 lengths each approx 500m long.

What has happened is where the vertical tube (stanchion) fixes to the deck fitting it has corroded/fused together. Fortunately I have been able to release the other end from the handrail connection. As it’s the deck fitting I am replacing I can overcome by replacing these short lengths of tube.

Thanks Paul 2884. I'll try suggestions closer to home first and keep in mind the Bristol option.

kds

www.canongrange.co.uk
jUST A THOUGHT - IT IS PROBABLY THE DECK FITTING WHICH HAS CORRODED AND THE SS TUBE INSIDE IT SHOULD BE OK. cAN YOU SPLIT OFF THE DECK FITTING - DISC OR HACKSAW TO CHECK THIS OUT ?
kEN
dAmN.

sb99

Visit site
kds you're right regarding it being the fitting that corroded and not the tube. The end I managed to release cleaned up fine. The deck end is in a far worse condition.
I may have a go at trying to cut off one and see how it goes, may be difficult to avoid damaging tube. Thanks for the suggestion. My intention yesterday was to replace 14 fittings, I managed 3 in the end, slightly frustrated to say the least.
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

graham

Visit site
Good luck with the repairs.I can second Andys suggestion of CG Rhees If you do need more tube.Not positive that they allways have 316 in stock so call first.

325, North Rd, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF14 3BP Tel: 029 2061 5911 To get to it come off the big roundabout under the Gabalfa Flyover take the north Rd exit towards Birchgrove etc they are about 50 yards off the roundabout on a small slip rd.on the left.