Stainless pipe cutting

Cashbuyer

Visit site
Need 4 x 25mm Stainless tubes cut to length. To be used as seat supports so need a clean cut and to be square.

Don't think my hacksaw skills will do...

Is there a company that could this this in the Thames Valley? Nearest Marlow, the better.

alruss

Visit site
Hire a pipe cutter from your local hire company easy to cut with the right cutter as long as the wall thickness is not to great,

dash300

Visit site
Need 4 x 25mm Stainless tubes cut to length. To be used as seat supports so need a clean cut and to be square.

Don't think my hacksaw skills will do...

Is there a company that could this this in the Thames Valley? Nearest Marlow, the better.

I have a chop saw with a carborundum disk which makes short work of mild steel presume it would do the same with stainless. How about using an angle grinder with a cutting disc?

fergie_mac66

Visit site
I have just cut some stainless pipe one and a Half inch thick wall A hacksaw did it easily with next to no effort . Piece of A4 paper wrapped around gives a square edge,a good clamp ,workmate type bench ok BUT a must is a good quality blade (20/30 tpi) no cheap ones!Perhaps £2or £3 each blade from a good tool shop no cheepy chinky craρ

Last edited:

Cashbuyer

Visit site
Thanks guys. Will perhaps try the good quality blade/saw. Always with a cheapo hacksaw I end up with a slant...
The Steel fabricators I have contacted will not cut at wall of 1.25mm. Apparently it collapses with their serious kit applied.

Mirror Painter

Visit site
Thanks guys. Will perhaps try the good quality blade/saw. Always with a cheapo hacksaw I end up with a slant...
The Steel fabricators I have contacted will not cut at wall of 1.25mm. Apparently it collapses with their serious kit applied.

Why are you ignoring my P.M?

fergie_mac66

Visit site
If you do try a hacksaw Try a couple of practice 1/8 inch cuts of the end of pipe. Let the saw do the work don't put downward pressure on blade long slow strokes not short fast ones.Turn the pipe away from you as you go , to maintain cutting on one side

Visit site
get a mitre box couple of plastic clamps, hacksaw with a good quality blade, screw the mitre box down to a bench/ table. clamp your pipe to the box and saw away.

alruss

Visit site
Hire plumbers pipe cutter, I have one that will cut that with wall thickness of 1.25mm, ordinary Rothenburg pipe cutter
will cut it, buy one perhaps £15.