Stabbing on the river

Actionmat

Visit site

Nothing more recent than six days ago and no further info. Group of youths on a larger boat, boards and stabs 25 year old on a smaller boat. Just a guess, but I wonder which hire company rented the larger boat out?

Edit: more recent news from the BBC:

It's believed a stabbing on the River Thames at Eton on Wednesday was a "targeted" attack.

The 25-year-old victim was travelling on a boat with a group of friends when it happened.

Police say they were approached by a "group of youths" travelling on a larger boat.

An attack then took place in which the 25-year-old received "multiple stab wounds to his body and neck".

It happened near to Windsor Leisure Centre and Alexandra Gardens at about 16:30.

Det Sgt Dean Brown, from Thames Valley Police, said: "We believe this was a targeted incident, but as a result members of the public will see an increased police presence whilst we investigate."

Last edited:

Mirror Painter

Visit site
Interesting that the quote form the local paper includes:

'The man was travelling on a boat with a group of friends near to Windsor Leisure Centre and Alexandra Gardens when the boat was approached by a group of youths of mixed ethnicity travelling on a larger boat.'

Riverleak

Visit site
Interesting that the quote form the local paper includes:

'The man was travelling on a boat with a group of friends near to Windsor Leisure Centre and Alexandra Gardens when the boat was approached by a group of youths of mixed ethnicity travelling on a larger boat.'

I do not understand what relevance of you highlighting the fact they're of mixed ethnicity has in this post?

Last edited:

Actionmat

Visit site
Nothing reported to actually imply that it was a hire boat Actionmat.

Group of youths on a larger boat cruising the Thames. I think it's fair to assume that it's a hire boat, but I could be wrong. My initial reaction to the report of mixed ethnicity was the same as yours, but if it jogs people's memories and helps to identify the attacker then it was correct to report it.

Mark26

Visit site
I was there when it happened.
Interviewed by police etc.

The “hire” boats were in fact the small self drive motorboats hired out from Windsor.

No Regrets

Visit site
I do not understand what relevance of you highlighting the fact they're of mixed ethnicity has in this post?

Statistics do not fare well for people who choose to take umbrage over the first mention of ethnic people whenever knife crime is mentioned. Minorities are, in fact a huge majority when it comes to stabbing people, and similar statistics can be found in other crimes such as genital mutilation, forced marriages etc.

The sad thing is, it gives racists fuel for their fire, and the sooner these crimes are stamped out, the sooner the country can start to recover from the effects of the foolish Brexit vote, and all the pressure that puts upon society.

Actionmat

Visit site
The sad thing is, it gives racists fuel for their fire, and the sooner these crimes are stamped out, the sooner the country can start to recover from the effects of the foolish Brexit vote, and all the pressure that puts upon society.

I have absolutely no idea how you managed to link any of this together. And to lob a Brexit comment on the end is completely ridiculous.

sailorman

Visit site

Actionmat

Visit site
I am frankly disappointed and surprised by your thoughts.

The link between Brexit and increasing levels of racism are well covered. Heres one of many many links that exist, all you need to do is a little homework...

really, I thought you were much better than this :(

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-brexit-vote-new-figures-reveal-a7829551.html

Surely you know better than to jump on the bandwagon? The facts always come out sooner or later.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/09...ad-nothing-to-do-with-anti-immigrant-feeling/

Forum Moderation Team
Visit site
Brexit posts belong in the Brexit forum. Keep this thread separate please. Start one in Brexit forum if it is necessary.