ST50 Depth and Wind

mldpt

Visit site
Hi anybody out there know how to change the settings on theAutohelm ST50 Depth and wind instruments. I wand to use mine as repeaters below deck from the seatalk system I have. I know it can be done because I have done it before on a Trydata ST50 and the hand book tells you ow to do it, but for some reason the key press order they show does'nt work, I am sure I changed the depth over once but cannot do it now blease help
Mike

<hr width=100% size=1>www.sailingforfun.co.uk

MainlySteam

Visit site
A small point, but just in case it has been missed.

Is a while since I have configured ST50's as master/repeater but if I recall correctly there has to be a same single function instrument (eg wind), but not the Tridata or other multifunction instrument, configured as master and only one master, then the rest of the instruments with the same function (eg wind) can be, and in fact have to be, configured as repeators.

Also, just a thought, perhaps Codelock, if activated, disables master/repeator configuration, but have to say that I do not recall that as being so.

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

mldpt

Visit site
Hi Steve thanks for the link it does work but odly the manual on line for the ST50 says that it cannot be used as a repeater, and yet my manual states that it can and showes the key order to do it and yet it definetly does'nt looks as if I will have to run another pair of wires from the transducer to it, I wonder if the transducer will work two heads ?
Mike

MainlySteam

Visit site
Mike

I have a scanned copy of a ST50 wind instrument manual here and it is the same as the one on the Raymarine site - it in several places says it is "software programmable" to operate as a repeater, but nowhere can I see that it actually says how to do so! Quite strange.

However, I do recall that on ST50 wind instrument that if one steps through the various calibration modes there is one that is not in the manual and maybe that is it - somewhere between the first mode and the last mode (windvane alignment being the first and the extended calibration the last mode, I seem to remember it comes up with a P1 or similar - the units calibration is also in between too of course.)

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

mldpt

Visit site
HI John.
Thanks I think that I will give it another try tomorrow and possible simply install the dept on deck and run the transducer plug to it and let the tridata just give me the speed the figures on the depth are much bigger and less likley to be confused as the teidata displays speed depth and temp which could leed to a mix up when in shallow water as we often are up here in the frozen north especially in Morecambe Bay.
going to bed now regards Mike