St Malo Formalties

zazu

Visit site
Arrived yesterday in St Malo. Moored in Bassin Vaubin. Normal friendly welcome and a good berth. Border Force building is an obscure single storey office painted in orange to the left of the vehicle check in lanes for Brittany Ferries. 20 minute walk.

Office is open 0830-1200 and 1400-1800. Press the buzzer for attention. We were met by a grumpy French policeman who could not understand why he now had to fulfill this function.

Anyhow he took our passports and form. Returned passports stamped. Not interested in anything else.

Bassin Vaubin. Be aware the Capitainerie has been demolished and facilities are now in a Portacabin. Fairly limited. New Capatainerie due 2024.

Barrage Lock. This no longer opens at 1400, 1700, and 1900hrs Mon-Fri due to the traffic congestion it causes.

lustyd

Visit site
I was trying to find the email addresses for St Malo earlier and couldn't see them or the St Malo version of the form anywhere so my current best plan is to just show up with passports. Seems bonkers that the form and email is different for every port and there doesn't seem to be a central repository to find them.

zazu

Visit site
Thanks for the very useful news. Did you submit the form electronically in advance or just turn up and present it?
No, I just turned up with the standard form. I am always wary of e mail as it can disappear into the Ethernet and they deny receiving it.
Whats your attitude to risk ? Next time I would be very tempted to stay under the radar.

doug748

Visit site
No, I just turned up with the standard form. I am always wary of e mail as it can disappear into the Ethernet and they deny receiving it.
Whats your attitude to risk ? Next time I would be very tempted to stay under the radar.

Exactly. sometimes events conspire against you with E Mails on the fly. I shall just front up with the form.

nburrell

Visit site
We entered France through St Malo last week - didn't take any forms, just presented passports and covid certificates. They wanted to see registration docs, but seemed friendly and efficient enough.
Orange/brown office is highlighted in attached photo...

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 48

Fizzing

Visit site
Not sure where best to post this..I will also add it to the Cherbourg formalities thread.
I have been in communication with the Harbourmaster at Tréguier.
Today he has confirmed that you can enter France in Tréguier provided that you make an appointment with Douane/Customs to stamp your passports at the customs office in Plérin (next to Saint Brieuc). However, before this you must complete the “preavis” (attached) 48 hours before your arrival, and then make an appointment with Douane/Customs. When you arrive in Tréguier, he suggests you rent a car to go to Plérin which is 35 miles/50 minutes distant.
All of which makes Roscoff (a “port of entry”) a more attractive option for crossing to northern Brittany and then heading off to cruise southern Brittany!

Attachments

• Préavis douane.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 14