ss welding

G

I need someone in the Cardiff area to stainless steel weld my railings. there are 10 uprights to be welded to the base plates on deck then the hand rail onto the top of each upright (26' boat)all bits are made and ready to go on!

help?

G

Any good arc-welder can do it with the correct rods - If you have any experience it's not as difficult as some would have you believe! Look in Yellow pages for a good welding co.

G

Ooo.....er you can use the ss rods and a normal arc welder, but it wont look perfect. As a minimum there will be splatter. On thin section ss tubing the only proper job is argon-arc welding, will look much neater esp if you then have it all electro polished. There should be plenty of welding firms who can do this, it's not super hi tec or anything

G

Sorry guys but there is a different skill to welding stainless steel well compared to carbon steel. I don't know anybody in the area but phone your nearest milk bottling plant or brewery and ask them which firm does their hygenic stainless steel welding. Get them to do the job - guardrails are important. Also a good looking weld is invariably a good strong mechanical weld.