Spraying

G

Sorry - I know should just get a quotation, but does anyone have a very rough idea what I can expect to pay for hull respray on a 24 footer GRP? No gelcoat work is required, just a straight rub down and spray.

coliholic

Visit site
No such thing as a straightforward rub down, there will be filling and fairing and priming and all sorts of good preparation stuff. Bank on £1500, and if it comes out any cheaper, consider you've got a bargain

G

Don't cut costs be wary ,if the right preparations and conditions are not 100% then you will be wasting your time . I'd be tempted to get prices for the paint to be used then you would know what's what .
I have just started using PDS in Peterborough phone 08709090093 ,they advertise in PBO under coatings
They are very helpful ,the fella I saw told me what paint was best and why also cost comparisons re different paint requirements.
Mick

G

Thanks for your replies. Certainly some good advice in there.

It may have to wait till next winter now - although it doesnt require a respray for maintenance purposes, the late seventies bright yellow graphics certainly make it look a bit dated!

kingfisher

Visit site
Ugly graphics

Last boat we bought for the scouts (halcyon 21) had an extremely ugly nosejob: a smiling shark.

Sanded it down with a 200 grit, and repolished the whole hull (400-600-1200-polishing paste) to avoid coloured patches. You never knew it was there.

Obi-Wan