Sprayhood

G

I'm thinking of investing in a sprayhood and maybe some dodgers,
moneys a bit tight anyone got any recommendations?

Regards

G

How are your sewing skills? The American company SailRite has instructions for making dodgers, sprayhoods, sailcovers - everything for a boat that involves canvas. Their web site is www.sailrite.com

DepSol

Visit site
Tell me what boat it is and what size you want the dodgers and if the name is to be stitched on to the dodgers also and I'll get you a price.

Dom

paulrossall

Visit site
I have a Macwester 30 and was quoted £600-£700 by Jekells and 2 others for a stainless steel framed sprayhood. I got one made by Martex for £350. The other prices did include fitting to boat. The Martex one is supplied with the front unfinished and you have to fit it to the boat and mark off where the final front seam goes. Then get wife/girlfriend or anyone else you know to sew up the front seam. It is not difficult. Martex are very helpfull and the material and frame is first class. You can have an alloy frame for about £80 less. Martex exhibit at all the boat jumbles and their phone no is 01270 522251. Price list states 9am to 7pm 7 days a week. How many other suppliers are prepared to work those hours? I am a very satisfied customer. They also make dodgers to match for about £45 a pair.

G

Its a prelude 19, I'm not too sure on the size of the dodgers
Boats name is Astral

Many Thanks

G

Thanks for the advice i'll give them a call, Whats it like sailing on the east coast?

romany123

Visit site
Now you are talking......best place in the world to sail..lots of sand banks and muddy rivers to explore ( thats why we are called "Mud Hoppers" in this part of the world) no such thing as ...steep to... around here need charts and know how to use them.
IMHO
All the best

Dave