Spray painting a hull.

Lodestone

Visit site
Does anyone have any recent experience of having a planing hull of around 46ft prepped and spray painted - any ball park figures on cost?

Thank you.

Assassin

Visit site
Honestly, not worth it as the paint film is too thin and requires multiple coats which is expensive in time.

Brush and/or roller mean thick paint films and two coats will generally suffice with a decent finish.

Portofino

Visit site
Thanks - so #25 say Euro 19000 abroad.
Yep , indoors , tented , air-conditioned , several coats , dings filled , UV coat / polish + name decals replaced .
About 3/4 weeks allowing sufficient time between stages .Inc the lift out / in .

I negotiated a fixed term price for the hanger stay as opposed to daily rate rental.

A lot of new boats are factory spray painted these days .

Lodestone

Visit site
Yep , indoors , tented , air-conditioned , several coats , dings filled , UV coat / polish + name decals replaced .
About 3/4 weeks allowing sufficient time between stages .Inc the lift out / in .

I negotiated a fixed term price for the hanger stay as opposed to daily rate rental.

A lot of new boats are factory spray painted these days .
Yes I think Princess certainly do it for the more interesting colours. Pershing too...but I'm nowhere near that level of boat ha ha!

I'm looking for a pearlescent finish which is very difficult to apply at the gel coat stage even by spray. By going for a flat hull colour underneath to reinforce the colour and spraying over with the desired finish at least if it goes wrong it's not irreversible.

Den100

Visit site
I had my 54ft painted last year (in the Uk ) from the rub rail to the waterline, cost for prep and epoxy primer x3 coats. Jet Black x 3 coats was £13500 + vat. Included scaffold etc.

Lodestone

Visit site
I had my 54ft painted last year (in the Uk ) from the rub rail to the waterline, cost for prep and epoxy primer x3 coats. Jet Black x 3 coats was £13500 + vat. Included scaffold etc.
Thank you very much for that - every figure helps as I've no idea financially what the outlay could be.

I see you're Lymington based...was it Berthon who did the work by any chance?

Den100

Visit site
Not Berthon but did gat a quote from them and they were a lot more, on a recommendation I had it done by Solent Repairs who work at Endeavour Quay, Gosport.