Spot Lights

toobaz

Visit site
Can anyone help here?
I've been looking for a spot light, what I would describe as a Fire Engine Spot Light.
They are old fashioned looking, manual and I have seen them on many of boats. However, to date haven't been able to find who sells them or manufacturers them.
Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?

Barry

byron

RIP
Visit site
You've started me off now. I would ban all spotlights on boats until people took a rigorous examination on how, when and where to use them.

ô¿ô

DepSol

Visit site
What Byron is saying is that he almost got blinded by someone shining a torch at him when he was 'bird watching' with his night vision goggles on!
:)

Dom

byron

RIP
Visit site
If you don't know what I am talking about then I regret that you too need lessons. Did you agree with two Jags Preston when he suggested that all Steamers have headlights thus making it absolutely obvious his nautical experience was confined to being a Winger with P&O.

ô¿ô

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Well I tend to use mine at night, best of all to shine through peeps windows to see what they're up to or to wake em up!!

Do I pass???

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I've had three boats, all with spot lights and used mine last week for the second time in about twelve years. Apart from looking in windows ect. The only reason I left it on was because the upstairs switch is'nt working. Usually you can see beter without them.

Haydn

toobaz

Visit site
So to conclude, we think spot lights are for the perverted and are not to be used with night vision as you get arc eye.
Spot lights are good for peeping through windows while one creeps around at night and all wingers are black market queens? Interesting!
And where do you they manufacture these or who sells them, I ask?

With regard to the man you refer to..................he wasn't much as a shop steward or a winger, so nothing changes!

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
I've got a remote controlled one that goes any where I want it, only ever used it to navigate the nasty chanel down to RYB in Windosr one very dark Saturday night - it's about 12 ft wide with a central chanel and overhanging trees, one slip and you've hit the bank.

Came back from Henley a bit pie eyed one year Mr B is right - you can see better with out them, tend to only use mine to moor up and check banks etc.

byron

RIP
Visit site
I have used that channel too once in delivering a boat and then out after collecting one, actually wasn't it originally the Mill Stream? Always wondered, what happens when you meet someone coming the other way?

ô¿ô

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
Yup I thinks it's still called the Mill Stream - used to be moored there. When stuff comes the other way on the blind bend one of you hits the bank usually - hard a stern and hope you don't hit the shopping trollies the locals chuck in - we had a working part one year to clear it, then I moved upi river a couple of years ago - far less hassel :) and no pranged props !