'spascher exhaust

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
I am stuck for a position for my saloon heater. The one in the stern cabin exhausts through the transom and works fine.
The saloon heater used to exhaust through the steering pedestal but as that serves as the engine room air intake also, the exhaust fumes were drawn in.
A posible alternative site is under a fore cabin berth. This necessitates either a "chimney" or some contrivance to permit exhausting through the hull. Unfortunately, despite my boat being beamy and heavy, it is still possible to cover the rail. There is, in consequence, a likelihood of water entering a hull mounted outlet.
A swan neck is possible but difficult to accommodate. Would a flap valve arrangement be possible?

ylop

Visit site
Normally you duct the hot air from a Y/T in the other heater. Otherwise you will need to run a fuel line through the boat or add a second tank, with the potential for spills and smells, as well as the exhaust hassle and the power cables, controller cables etc. are you really sure you want two heaters?

ean_p

Visit site
I am stuck for a position for my saloon heater. The one in the stern cabin exhausts through the transom and works fine.
The saloon heater used to exhaust through the steering pedestal but as that serves as the engine room air intake also, the exhaust fumes were drawn in.
A posible alternative site is under a fore cabin berth. This necessitates either a "chimney" or some contrivance to permit exhausting through the hull. Unfortunately, despite my boat being beamy and heavy, it is still possible to cover the rail. There is, in consequence, a likelihood of water entering a hull mounted outlet.
A swan neck is possible but difficult to accommodate. Would a flap valve arrangement be possible?
We did exactly this, went out the side and used the cockpit coaming to accommodate the swan neck. keeps the exhaust short ! We also pushed the boat out and fitted a high temp stainless ball valve on the skin fitting but with hind sight it was over kill as a good brass gate valve or some such with metal seats would have done just as well, a small propensity to leak not really being that critical.

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
Normally you duct the hot air from a Y/T in the other heater. Otherwise you will need to run a fuel line through the boat or add a second tank, with the potential for spills and smells, as well as the exhaust hassle and the power cables, controller cables etc. are you really sure you want two heaters?
Y/T?
The run from the stern heater to the saloon is impossible.
The services to the second heater are not a problem but the exhaust is.