Spain: UK resident to get Spanish Credit Card?

SeamanStaines

Visit site
I use a prepaid fairfx Visa card for most of our general usage as you can top it up on line using a UK Debit or Credit Card that is then converted to Euros on the fairfx debit card. This works quite happily in Spanish bank machines to recharge mobiles (I suspect because it is already denominated in Euros). We have several cards in fact as you can easily transfer money between them

www.fairfx.com

colind3782

Visit site
Will they take debit cards? I have a debit card on my Spanish account but, to be honest, I never even asked for a credit card.

An alternative is to use the machines in the larger supermarkets.

maybh1

Visit site
Calling UK residents with boats in Spain.

Is it possible for a UK resident to get a Spanish Credit Card?

The reason I ask is because I need to top up my Vodafone PAYG phones, and they only accept Spanish CCs.

It has been our experience over the last couple of years in Spain that it is almost impossible to obtain anything like a phone, car, bank account, credit card etc without a NIE number or alternatively Resedencia. It is usually a right old palava.

We top up our phones in Spain with cash at the phone top up machines, over the Internet or it can be done via the phone - but we have Movistar phones

May
Xx

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Clarification: I am in the UK, and need to top up my phones before I next go out.

This service runs over the Vodafone.es network and you can top-up online. As you are PAYG then you could switch. Their main office is in Moraira (on the Calpe road)

We've never had a problem getting a SIM with passport no. only; but having NIE helps.

http://www.telitec.com/mobile/

Last edited:

RobbieW

Visit site
Clarification: I am in the UK, and need to top up my phones before I next go out.

I think you're stuffed unless you can find a way to pay on t'internet. Have a similar problem in Italy with Wind who wont accept any of my cards, PayPal or any other online payment method, cant set up an online account without Italian ID either; have to top up by visiting a shop :(