Southampton Boat show.

1937rogerdon

Visit site
Had a great day yesterday at the show, perfect weather to view the boats on the pontoons. Should have worn a double breasted Blazer with black buttons (with Anchors on) and of course the right tie. then I might have been able to get aboard some of the larger and more expensive boats.
I feel that nothing much has changed from last year,many of the same boats and little inovation.
Even the stands selling chartplotters had very little new equipment and certainly did not have the crowds of previous years. The busy stands were those selling Musto sailing shoes at large discounts.
Will I go again, of course I will, nothing to beat a day browsing
around boats . Apart that is being out sailing.

bluedragon

Visit site
Yes, it seemed like a re-run of last year, but fewer visitors. More and more boats on show seem to be around 40-50ft now...is this the new "entry level" size? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As a "boat" show both SBS and LBS are losing their relevance for most us. For gear, etc, it's still a good place to chat to people, but no real innovations this year that I saw. Maybe the industry has to consolidate for a while. One of the bar guys commented that attendance was way down on last year. Seemed like he was right (on Tuesday at least)..

Elza_Skip

Visit site
I went Tues and had a great time. spent most of the time on the pontoons.

No problem getting a tour around the 85' Azimut ( a cool £4.1M) and spent a while looking at 30 odd foot boats.

I loved the 32' Corvette but a bit pricy and we had a good look at some of the pilot house boats.

all together a good trip helping us to choose what our next boat would be if an odd hundred grand fell into our laps