South of France..........made it!

dpb

Visit site
After a long but uneventfull drive, and a great day in a local bay we are waiting in Port de Bormes for a strong easterly to die down so we can head east.
Great service from AGP Boats who arranged cranage and car and trailer storage. Happy days.......

IMG_20160907_115403_zpsthfzotqn.jpg

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Excellent, well done. Where are you going to be moored permanently?

dpb

Visit site
This is just for two weeks..........! Though the intention is to do this for the next few years, hence downsizing earlier this year.

crazy4557

Visit site
I too have done similar. Just downsized to a 7.5m rib and towed it to Sardinia for a 3 week holiday with the intention of towing it back to the UK but had such a great time that we left it here to use next year. Might just move it around the Med every year or two to discover new places to holiday.

Good luck with your holiday adventure.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

This is just for two weeks..........! Though the intention is to do this for the next few years, hence downsizing earlier this year.

Wow thats a hell of a trek for 2 weeks! Still you've picked a good time of year. Weather should still be warm and settled and the water still warm. What are your cruising plans? Bet you end up leaving it in the Med sooner or later!

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Where are you heading to once the wind dies down? While you are there, Port de Bormes is a nice place, we spent a week there waiting for an engine fix last year, though for some reason the sea off the beaches was really cold. It's worth taking a trip up to the lovely town of Bormes les Mimosa, it's a simple bus ride from the port, though I guess you must have a car anyway.

Portofino

Visit site
Suggests nip across to Port Cros -moor the night on the visitors jetty -theres a small shop and 3 good restaurants .
Next day pop across to Porqueroles .
Another place is mainland directly N of P it's either side of French Pesidents summer residence Fort Brancion ( sp) -good sandy beaches .
All in all a great base

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Am I correct in thinking that you towed the boat from UK to SOF. I would love to hear more details about that as I would love to do the same

Dennis

dpb

Visit site
Well the wind dropped and we went around for an entertaining three nights in St Tropez. Spending the days at local anchorages and the evenings watching the antics and examples of copious excess and posing in the marina. We are now in Cavalaire before heading to Port Cross and Porquerolles probably tomorrow.
I will post some pics when we get home.

dpb

Visit site
Am I correct in thinking that you towed the boat from UK to SOF. I would love to hear more details about that as I would love to do the same

Dennis

Yes we did. Bought a four year old trailer earlier this year and fully serviced it including new bearings and kept it out of the water until this trip. Anything you want to know in particular just ask.

dpb

Visit site
Take plenty of wheel bearings and spare tyres ( maybe it was just my trailer !)

We have a spare tyre and bearings, though as they are 'sealed for life' and have never seen water they should be ok.
The biggest hurdle I had was accepting that the trailer tyres really had to be at 65psi!