SoSo Why not just press the Red Button & say 'MAYDAY'?

xyachtdave

Visit site
A very strong opening post for a 'newbie' I accept.

But just because I am new to YBW forums does not mean that I am new to boats, boatyards, t'internet, or indeed boarding vessels for 'Stop& Search' whilst (in my case as a searcher) armed.

Basically, I believe in the rule of law and defence but not overbearing jobsworth's.

So, a question?

If, as having read 150 or so pages of recent threads in the last 24 hours leads me to believe, there is genuine concern & disillusionment with UKBA attitude, why not address the issue as follows;

On being (attempted) boarding (from the stern unannounced as I understand) - simply jump on the VHF and say;

"MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY . Yacht XXXX under attack from unidentified boarders.

Request assistance from all vessels in vicinity as per maritime law".

Twill cause havoc, and will require us all to stick together.

Not prepared to do it? Then don't moan anymore.

Shibumi.

Many of us take to the water to get away from the unwanted regulation we face in our daily lives.

To then face you, (ARMED!) playing 'me authority, you civilian' when on our day off from paying tax to keep the public sector off the dole.........

Bullied at school?

Beadle

Rural Nth Yorks - 2 miles from bus stop, 8 miles f
Visit site
Many of us take to the water to get away from the unwanted regulation we face in our daily lives.

To then face you, (ARMED!) playing 'me authority, you civilian' when on our day off from paying tax to keep the public sector off the dole.........

Bullied at school?

Possibly so.

Though typical of those with inadaquacies in other areas. The stress on being "armed" is a bit of a give away.

Just in case he is with the Agency I have forwarded his e-mail to their internal affairs dept suggesting that the post is not something someone who is allowed access to firearms could reasonably be expected to do.

Last edited:

alant

Visit site
Been borded,
Guys in BLack,
No name that I can remember on the Black RIB,

Boss guy Identifed himself and said he would like to come abord. It was inplied that if I objected he would come on board anyway.

We agree routine, for me single handed, to lower Spinnnaker and put kettle on.

The Clue as to who they were, was the F*****g Big Mother ship, Grey with UKBA/ or customs on the side. Went past, dropped back, hovered 1/2 mile away lowered rib

Nice guys, queried inconsistances in my story, took swabs around the boat and said they would catch me up if the swabs found anything interesting. Promised not to tell wife if only bacteria!

Significantly nicer than plods I meet rolling home after closing time. Who one tome told me to F off home, when i enquire why they were entering neighbours kids party in Riot Gear!!

Had that delight whilst at lunch on a buoy in Newtown.

3 burlies demanding who/what/when/where/etc, all leaning threateningly over the cockpit with no visible ID.

Really pissed me off.
Are UK Customs deliberately rude & agressive?

Boarded off La Coruna by Spanish Customs & couldn't have been nicer. Actually asked permission to board & were extremely pleasant whilst getting info reqd. Gave me a copy, which saved time in the nearby marina when we docked.